Greetings from France

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frenchbent

Hi, I'm Nigel.

I had been going for walks regularly and had exhausted all the decent ones locally. That put me in the strange position of driving 25km each way for a 10km walk. I decided that that was a bit unenvironmently friendly so decided to get a bike. But having hit the 50 year barrier, I fancied a bit of a sit down so went for a recumbent trike: a TW Bents Trident.

Unfortunately things haven't got off to a great start. Once I had asssembled it I went for a quick spin, only to find that in top gear the chain fouled the front derailleur where it entered it. Moving the derailleur further away to stop this lost access to one of the chain wheels, so not a satisfactory solution. To cut a long story short, I contacted the distributer and TW Bents who sent me adjustment details for a Shiman FD 3403 derailleur... however, my trike's got an FD 3304.

So now I'm waiting to hear if there was an error made at the factory.

Apart from the derailleur issue, the trike seems pretty good for the price. I hope to be able to give more details, once I've been able to take it out for a proper ride.

rusky

CC Addict
Hi & welcome!

There are plenty of 'bent rides here who can advise you.

I had my first go on a 'bent trike last week, loved it but can't justify one!

Top Bottom