Greetings from North Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SLIMKIM

Hey All, I thought it was about time I found a decent Cycling forum to share my updates, rides and photos with people like minded. Cycling has become my hobby and passion and I love it. 18 months ago I weighed 28 stone, had high blood pressure, sleep apnea, and achy joints. Now I weigh under 15 stone and im fit as a fiddle. and this has been mainly down to healthy eating, the Gym and Cycling. I'm still a complete novice, and learning every day. My Mountain Bike is nothing flash, but it does the job. I'm hoping to buy something with a bit more pedigree soon. I have recently changed my tyres to slicks for the summer, as I do alot of road work. I'm blessed to live in Richmond on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales. so thats where I head out most days. lots of challenging and sometimes very Hilly routes, but the views are spectacular. I average about 20/30 miles every ride, but I push the bar higher everytime I ride. did 34 miles yesterday over Grinton Moor towards Reeth in the dales. very hilly, but very enjoyable. anyway, I hope to make friends on here, and I will update you on my rides and post photos up etc.

Thanks for Reading

Kim :biggrin:

leyburnrunner

I'm down the road in leyburn and cycle most weekends around grinton,redmire,reeth etc. Sadly bike currently in at caygills so bike-free weekend.

OP
OP
SLIMKIM

SLIMKIM

Hi, nice to meet you. I cycle through Leyburn, Bedale, Richmond, Redmire, Grinton etc often. we will have to meet up sometime. I must say that we are blessed to live in such a place. Ideal for cycling. Have you looked into the New Cycle shop on Catterick Garrison? Its called Bank Cycles (The old HSBC Building) it's pretty good, cheaper than caygills. only charges £70 for a full service etc. :becool:

Paladin - York

Hi from near Easingwold. I think there's something on here for everyone - welcome.

Grinton Moor aaagh! A couple of weeks ago I came up from Reeth and over to Leyburn with a fully panniered bike enroute from Cape Wrath to home. It was my last climb of any note that trip - nearly finished me off. Since then I've spent more time on CC than in the saddle!!!!

OP
OP
SLIMKIM

SLIMKIM

Hi from near Easingwold. I think there's something on here for everyone - welcome.

Grinton Moor aaagh! A couple of weeks ago I came up from Reeth and over to Leyburn with a fully panniered bike enroute from Cape Wrath to home. It was my last climb of any note that trip - nearly finished me off. Since then I've spent more time on CC than in the saddle!!!!
Ha, yeah it is a bit of a demon that climb like. :laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
Welcome hope you enjoy your time on here.I used to organize charity bike rides .Best one was Reeth to the Tan Hill pub .What a day that was,fantastic.Have been back since and did it again,on one really hot day.It was murder no cover except a barn wall.It was hot .Great place.

leyburnrunner

best way reeth to tan hill is grinton then up harkerside and back down into askrigg, head to simonstone hotel and over buttertubs. after the descent it's on to keld and then a long grind up to tan hill and a pint before long descent back to reeth through arkengarthdale. it's about 38 miles and very hilly.
you can do same route anti clockwise but nightmare hills up buttertubs and out of askrigg.

Top Bottom