Greetings from Rochdale. Anybody else near me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tiffanywinnie

Hello everybody.

Bit of background info. Been cycling since I was in my twenties. Quite a few years now. Nothing serious though, but then stopped about 7 yrs ago when I had my daughter. Moved house and bike was stored elsewhere and have recently moved again and now got room for bikes.

I have bought my first road bike (specialized dolce) I love it. Been out on it for a few weeks now and am hoping to go out regular on Sundays with Trans Pennine group. Been a few times with them and they all seem ok and friendly. I aim to do about 50 miles a week, more if i get fitter.

Well, that's me.
Bye for now.;)

Hello tiffanywinnie - welcome to the forum!

I used to live in Middleton so know the area around Rochdale pretty well - used to regularly ride up to Littleborough, Todmorden, Bacup etc

Plent of hills for you around there!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi TW.

Welcome to CycleChat! ;)

I'm a few miles up the road from you, in Hebden Bridge. I don't cycle in Rochdale itself very often but I do pass through Littleborough fairly frequently, and through Milnrow a few times a year when I head out Saddleworth way.

One time I do venture into Rochdale is for the Mini-North-West Passage which starts and finishes there.

OP
OP
T

tiffanywinnie

I like going with the club because they know all the routes and I just follow. Half the time I don't even know where I am, but I do remember recently i've been up blackstone edge, martholmroyd, cliviger?, todmorden and maybe Hebden Bridge? and probably a few more inbetween.

Going to take a pen out with me next time and write down at the end of the ride where i've been. Haha.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
tiffanywinnie said:
How do I reply quoting a certain section of text?
If you want to quote one person's text, just press the quote button on their post. If you don't want all their post, then you can edit out what you don't want to include.

I've recently discovered that you can quote several posts in one reply. To do that - click on the multi-quote button (the one with the quotation marks on it, next to the quote button) on each post until the last one, then click on the quote button in that.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I went to Rochdale once.. knocked on Lisa Stansfield door jusr for the hell of it..

Hello™ User3143
And welcome to the site...

trio25

Über Member
I'm in Bolton, so not far away at all. There are a few cyclechat rides that are held round these parts as well.

Stephenite

Membå
Hello tiff,
Lived in heywood for many, many years plus a year in Rochdale and, oh yeah, 1 in Bury. Now the grey stuff is kicking in had about 4 mths in Milnrow, as well. Now living in Oslo, Norway. Was more into mtbing for the few yrs b4 i moved from the area 8 yrs ago. My fave route was from Heywood xc to castleton, onto canal to littleboro, up halifax rd to blackstone edge and xc to piethorne res, and back to canal again and back to heywood. Still is my fave route tbh. Anyway, take care. Nice to see a dale lass here. Up the Dale!

Top Bottom