Greetings from the Northwest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

debk123

Hi there,

Just thought I'd say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I'm Deborah and I've found myself on this forum (like so many others it seems!) to narrow down the rather large selection of bikes on sale. From my investigations it's harder to choose a bike than a car!

I last cycled about 10 years ago when I was too young to have a driving license but old enough to have a boyfriend in the next village a few miles away... that was incentive enough to get on my bike! I can remember having to walk the 1 in 10 hill to start with and gradually getting fit enough to storm up it and still have plenty of energy - sadly those days seem long forgotten with my fitness levels at the moment!

I'm moving tomorrow to a house which is 2 miles away from the hospital where I'm going to be working and it seemed absoultely ridiculous to drive that amount, but also 30 min walk would take up valuable lying in time in the morning so a bike seemed the perfect answer.

My hospital participate in the cycle scheme so I've been scouring the local bike shops to find the *perfect* bike, on the not so perfect budget of around £300. Addtionally it has to be a shop reasonably near where I'm living cause if anything goes wrong/it needs a service it won't fit in the boot of my MX-5 and I'll probably have to walk it in!

Anyway, I'll be posting my shortlist soon and would appreciate any advice on bikes, commuting to work, or life in general! ;)

Many thanks,
Deborah.

Mornin Deborah and welcome;)

OP
OP
debk123

debk123

Thanks for your welcomes and hello back to you all :smile:
Different boyfriend now yes, and different bike soon! But him living in Guildford doesn't encourage me to cycle to see him!
And a quick wikipedia search of the Salford City Reds ;) tells me that if I ever decide to be a rugby league fan, they'll be my team of choice! :laugh:

Top Bottom