Greetings From York.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everybody, and greetings from York.
I just thought while "The Wedding" is on, I should take a few moments to Introduce myself.
I've been cycling on and off most of my life, I mostly like Cycle Touring, and one of the Best rides I have had was "The Great British Bike Ride 1987"
London to the Isle of Skye, did that on a Super Galaxy, for which I built my own wheels, haven't got the Galaxy anymore, but Still got the wheels, Can't bear to part with them.
I worked for a Certain Chocolate factory for 31 years, then decided it was time for a Break, I could go on all day, but I wouldn't like to Bore you,
Nice to meet you all, and here's to a long friendship.
All the Best, Eddie.

Paladin - York

Welcome Spokeman,

Still good to smell the roses choccy down Wiggy Road.

You might like it here there's a lot going on.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hello!
wave.gif

bongofury66

Welcome -love York......is the Cycleworks still going??

Lived in Saltburn By Sea for anumber of years and still go back and to Robin Hoods Bay etc.

Bonk

Spokeman,
I just did a search for the GBBR 87 and your post came up.
I was on that ride and was interested in the route details. I often pass the hotel on the corner of the A82 at Tarbert, Loch Lomond and am sure I remember stopping for a refresher and seeing the blind Australian (who did the ride on the back of a tandem) getting a skin-full.
If you have any details please let me know. You can email me via this forum I believe.
It was indeed a very wonderful ride. The last day from Fort William to Mallaig along with a the ride in high winds through Yorkshire and Northumberland really stand out.

Top Bottom