Greta Thunberg. Saviour of the planet, or what?

Randomnerd

Formerly known as Woodenspoons
So what do you think needs to become extinct on Earth to save the planet..
Celebrities, nobbers and naysayers who blindly fill their lives with tat they don’t need. It’s that simple (ironic emoji)

But seriously, I posted some background. From your reply it appears you didn’t read it. Never mind. Just trying to get back to the question. A bunch of cyclists talking about it won’t do much good, especially those with the tendency to reduce every serious matter to pithy questions.

As I see the climate crisis, theres a good deal of personal greed and selfishness which needs extinction. Whole first world mindsets need addressing. And it’s not remote, or someone else’s business. Greta appears to be a high functioning girl who cares, and is willing to speak without fear.

Anyhow, I’m off to watch Storm Jorge approaching, while unravelling some hair shirts I have in for re-knitting.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
An old timey Esso advert

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
World leaders want selfies with me so they can 'look good'

I've not heard much, recently, on how the world lockdown has improved the environment. With factories shut and air traffic to a minimum, air quality must be so much better.
Things have improved a bit, but there seems to be a depressing scramble to get back to creating the same levels of natural capital destruction, pollution and consumption that we had before..

The cry will be "Oh but we need to get our economies back to how they were, to pay for all the services we need"

A good amount of those services - addressing mental and physical health problems , crime prevention, treating the effects of poverty, were caused by all the greed, over consumption and environmental despoiling in the first place.

We are running out of time to address climate change, and all many people can think about is "When can I get on a plane to Spain"

Things have improved a bit, but there seems to be a depressing scramble to get back to creating the same levels of natural capital destruction, pollution and consumption that we had before..

The cry will be "Oh but we need to get our economies back to how they were, to pay for all the services we need"

A good amount of those services - addressing mental and physical health problems , crime prevention, treating the effects of poverty, were caused by all the greed, over consumption and environmental despoiling in the first place.

We are running out of time to address climate change, and all many people can think about is "When can I get on a plane to Spain"
Dunno about that. In the construction trade the more environmental companies I deal with are saying they've had a big upsurge in enquiries from housing developers. Some of the bigger kit factories have used the lockdown to reorganise and priority has gone to the more "environmentally friendly" lines.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Dunno about that. In the construction trade the more environmental companies I deal with are saying they've had a big upsurge in enquiries from housing developers. Some of the bigger kit factories have used the lockdown to reorganise and priority has gone to the more "environmentally friendly" lines.
That's excellent news..

That's cheered my morning up, no end..
Long may it continue.

And us 'eco farmers' are getting a teensy bit of traction with persuading 'the powers that be' that a different way is possible - and betterer.

Wouldn't it be cool if we could build back better :becool:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Ps,
@Joey Shabadoo m supposed to be building a house.

Any recommends for best brands for individually available ones??

Last edited:
Ps,
I'm supposed to be building a house.

Any recommends for best brands for individually available ones??
If it's a kit you're after, speak to Scotframe. They've done some impressive one-off houses in the Highlands. However, they are busy so might not be able to do it quickly. Eden Insulation in Appleby also do excellent bespoke work to a high standard.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
If it's a kit you're after, speak to Scotframe. They've done some impressive one-off houses in the Highlands. However, they are busy so might not be able to do it quickly. Eden Insulation in Appleby also do excellent bespoke work to a high standard.
Ta :okay:

There's no big rush really.

Part of the problem is I don't really mind being trailer trash.

It's just on the 'must be tackled' list, so perusing catalogues of sexy looking houses might give some impetus.. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom