Grrrr.......play.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Haven't used their marketplace but, like you say, Play have always been ok.

Talking of call centres, phoned the co-op bank call centre yesterday and as soon as the customer 'service' advisor realised that they were in the wrong and it wasn't going as they wanted they chipped in with the line 'you'll have to stop shouting' - are they now taught this in call-centre school? There was no shouting and when it was pointed out that if they'd like to replay the 'we are recording this conversation for training purposes' tape as it would show that there was quite clearly no shouting they didn't like it. Then...

"I might close my account"

"Can if you like, whatever"

"Can I speak to a manager?"

"I am a manager"

"Can I speak to your manager?"

"No"

"Can I have your name please?"

*hangs up*

Priceless!

ChrisKH

Guru
I ordered a CD from Play 2 years ago and was still waiting for it to come into stock 6 months later. I've not used them since.

Ditto. Ordered some Ratchet and Clank figures in April 2010. They have put back the delivery date about 17 times. I don't hold any hope that it will ever arrive.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
"Can I have your name please?"
*hangs up*
Tactical error there: I always begin this calls with "hello my name is X, who am I speaking to please?". If they start getting unhelpful, it can be useful to address them by name to remind them that you have this information.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I deal with both Play and Amazon on a work basis.

Play used to be head and shoulders above Amazon a few years back. Everything they had listed they would have in stock plus some.
That all changed when they bought in a new buying team, funnily enough some of the Amazon buying team. With the result Play trying to become like Amazon but at the same time cutting back on their purchasing and usually only ordering to order, something Amazon do not do. If Amazon have something listed then they will make sure that they will always have that item in stock, if Amazon do not have an item in stock, it's not down to Amazon, it's down to their suppliers.

Top Bottom