GT85 spray. Animal Friendly?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sidevalve

Über Member
Oh I don't know, the human race has been ingesting animals for millennia......
and vice versa depending on where you live. The CFC bit refers to propellant as used in the spray can not the actual stuff so as it is a lubricating oil and thus probably mineral based it would be a bad idea to ingest it whatever you are.

OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
I was referring to the fact that some products are 'cruelty free/animal friendly' meaning they are NOT tested on animals. Regardless of this, the point I was making was: is GT85 TESTED on animals, not if it is harmful to animals. There are a lot of things that are NOT tested on animals, instead they are tested on humans, or deemed to be safe, non irritant, non toxic WITHOUT any testing whatsoever. I'm certain that, even if something is NOT tested on animals, it could still be harmful to them, just as it MAY be harmful to humans. A lot of things don't require any labelling whatsoever, or you just won't find any information. It's just common sense not to ingest the stuff or get it in your eyes etc.

For instance, as I mentioned above, some products state that they are 'cruelty free/animals friendly' meaning they haven't been tested on animals, but could still burn or irritate them, possibly kill them. It's not the overall, final possibility, it's the procedure and the way in which the products are tested. Below are three photographic examples:

2015-09-16 14.08.36.jpg

1) Tested On Us (Smiley Face Icon)

2015-09-16 14.08.20.jpg

2) This product has not been tested on animals. We fund research into alternatives (and Rabbit Logo).

2015-09-16 14.07.51.jpg

3) BUAV Approved (Rabbit Logo) and the wording 'Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans. Superdrug is against Animal Testing'.

I have sent an email to GT85 sales. I'll see what they have to say when they reply.

Last edited:
OP
OP
migrantwing

migrantwing

Veteran
it's basically oil/paraffin so I'd be astonished if it isn't somewhat toxic. CFC-free is of course a "good thing" but given CFCs are outright banned now, it's hardly a big claim - and anyhow, I can't really envisage why you'd want CFCs as an ingrediant (propellant maybe?) any more than you'd want CFCs in a jar of jam.

All that said I'd not see this sort of product, used sensibly, as an environmental biggie

The 'No CFC's' thing was probably from a while ago, when some companies chose NOT to use them where other companies did. Until the ban, of course.They either haven't updated the can design or just don't see a need to. Plus, it's a good marketing gimmick that people will see and think 'Oh, that's good!', maybe not realising that CFC use is banned completely ;)

Yes, I agree. Not a huge Environmental issue.

simongt

Guru
On the subject of toxic, if ant powder is used for killing ants and flea powder is used for killing fleas; what's baby powder used for - ?:rofl:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Mrs. GA used a baby powder composed of cornstarch, could be safer, then.

simongt

Guru
Chocolate is harmful to dogs but I don't see any warning labels on it ....
But then the point being one thinks is that a bar of Cadbury's best is intended for humans and not dogs - !:whistle: Then again, as dogs are scavengers by design, most will eat pretty much ANYTHING consumable if they can get their dinner manglers round them - ! When I were wee lad, our Cavalier hogged:mrpig: half a box of carelessly left choccys - one fast and expensive trip to the vet later.:eek:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
But then the point being one thinks is that a bar of Cadbury's best is intended for humans and not dogs - !:whistle: Then again, as dogs are scavengers by design, most will eat pretty much ANYTHING consumable if they can get their dinner manglers round them - ! When I were wee lad, our Cavalier hogged:mrpig: half a box of carelessly left choccys - one fast and expensive trip to the vet later.:eek:
Yep .... been there .....

Top Bottom