Guess what we've got?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I've been commuting for two years and only today, I found out that in the corner of our secure bike parking bay, there is a water and air section for cycles - just like petrol stations.

So I visited it and it's for schrader valves - which I fine as one of bikes is Schrader. I asked the security man about the water, and he said the hose pipe is for washing the bike.

How cool is that?

Not only does the landlord (my employer is one of several in a large office park) provide weather-proof bike parking adjacent to main security office, they even have a hose pipe and air pump.

No more washing on a weekend at home.

Jezston

Über Member
But is the pump capable of doing a tyre up to 120psi?

OP
OP
Moodyman

Moodyman

Legendary Member
But is the pump capable of doing a tyre up to 120psi?

I wondered about this too and I doubt it, but it's fine for most of the other guys who ride knobbly & semi-slick mtbs.

I carry my own Topeak pump which happily gets up to 120psi and can reach 160 (allegedly).

I'm really impressed that the landlord has gone to a lot of effort to make cycling attractive. Don't forget the landlord charges each tenant several hundred pounds per year per car parking space.

Get the Shrader to Presta adaptor and give it a try - if it works well, leave the adaptor screwed onto your Presta valve.

Very nice though!!

asterix

Comrade Member
Cue next winter when someone washes their bike at -5 below. :biggrin: Ice rink anyone? :biggrin:

The hosepipe would be frozen. No-one washes their bike at -5 and if they did, the brakes would become a solid block of ice, the chain would become a solid block of ice, the pedals would seize and the wheels wold lock. And it would serve them right for being a smartass.

Arch

Married to Night Train
No more washing on a weekend at home.

Or, just don't wash your bike. Life's too short.... Mine get a rub down every six months, whether they need it or not.

But glad to hear you have the facilities, nice one!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Or, just don't wash your bike. Life's too short.... Mine get a rub down every six months, whether they need it or not.

Not sure I'd be able to find my bike under the mud if I left it for 6 months
rolleyes.gif

Sounds like a nice setup for you there. I was happy that they'd just repainted our bike sheds (although our bikes are protected by armed guards and police dogs :biggrin:).

Not sure I'd be able to find my bike under the mud if I left it for 6 months
rolleyes.gif

Sounds like a nice setup for you there. I was happy that they'd just repainted our bike sheds (although our bikes are protected by armed guards and police dogs :biggrin:).

Blimey your company must take the care of your bikes seriously if they have a dog kennel and a guard hut at the end of the rack.

Top Bottom