Guitar Hero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mr Summerdays bought Guitar Hero - World Tour earlier this year and enjoys mucking around on it occasionally, as does a couple of our children. We have one guitar only and I would like to make it more 2 player enjoyment. What is the best way to expand this game. (It would be a Christmas present for Mr Summerdays so I can't ask him).

rh100

What console?

2 player is very good on the Wii, you buy the guitar thing, but need an extra remote to fit to it (you may already have the remote?)

not sure how the playstation version works, sorry

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sorry on the Wii - we have 3 remotes so that isn't a problem (apart from the fact that the non-standard remote whistles when used in the guitar).

So is the best option to buy another guitar? rather than drums/bass (I assume that's bass guitar).

rh100

we've got two guitars - it was fun for a while but wore off after we'd completed it (on easy!). You both get to play along, and can do stuff to throw the other one off track - so it's like a guitar duel.

We got the extra guitar with one of the games, so we ended up with two versions of guitar hero and two guitars, using the two controllers we already had.

Don't know about the bass or drums though. Guess it changes the game but really not sure.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Can't help on the Wii. Was guitar hero 3 even released on the Wii? Much the better game on the other consoles and could get guitar bundled in or whatever.

tmcd35

I've got all these games on the PS3 - Rockband 1&2, Guitar Hero WT, etc...

I can say catagoricaly that the drums is the best and most fun of all the controllers. Indeed I don't think I've played with the guitars since buying the first game.

I think the reason the drums are so good is because unlike the guitar/bass it is pretty close on like playing the real thing.

If you wantanother guitar keep aneye on special offers in the run up to Christmas. We got another guitar for the wii by buying guitar hero 3 with a guitar on offer from HMV online for £35 delivered. The guitar on it's own was £30 so it was a good buy. I've just had a look and this offer is no longer available.

Downward

Guru
Yeah Agree - I picked up World Tour from Argos although the guitar was so bad and squeaky I gave up after 3 replacements and had my money back.

Top Bottom