Had my first crash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Screen

Hey guys just started cycling a few monhs ago - it's so much of my life now thay I can't believe how I survived without it, been lurking on this forum for a lot of that time, but I won't be cycling for a while now.

I'm weakly one handedly typing this while my other hand is recovering - with the help of an overly large bright blue cast having been cruelly shattered by a rather plukey looking Corsa driver who greatly misjudged the distance between me and him. Resulting in the aforementioned shattered hand as well as an all too long coast across a rather gravely road.

So give me some ideas, how do you cope when injured?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I feel for you. I recently fractured my clavicle and all I can do at the moment is sit in a chair in agony.

Just look forward to getting on the bike again.

OP
OP
S

Screen

Yeah I can't wait to get out on the bike again, was thinking about saving up some cash for a decent road bike as the hybrid im using isn't technically mine.

Half tempted to rip this cast off just now.

I'm 3 weeks on from my last hit, and still hurt - and I didn't take any breaks. I feel for you mate. If you've got access to one, use a cycling machine, and get a powerball when the cast comes off.

Best of luck to you mate, and get well soon.

anweledig

hard luck. I broke my wrist on ice in january and was off the bike for 6 weeks and then spent ages getting my fitness back.

powerballs are a great help in getting the wrist working again but expect some pain and discomfort for a few months.

good luck :smile:

Hip Priest

Veteran
Sorry to hear that mate. Wishing you a speedy recovery. You too Gaz.

Top Bottom