hair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
So you lot know how much my hair costs. But now I don't have a job, I;ve been told i have to do it myself. Now I am terrifed that its going to turn out ginger or something!
But on the up side, I have an interview next week and I am terrifed. :biggrin:

Noodley

User3143 said:
What's the interview for?

I hope it's not a hairdresser :?:

Willow

phone the local college ask if they need any guinea pigs you might get it done for free, some risk I guess but probably not as much as doing it yourself!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So tell me.. What's wrong with Ginger then?

Kovu said:
So you lot know how much my hair costs. But now I don't have a job, I;ve been told i have to do it myself. Now I am terrifed that its going to turn out ginger or something!
But on the up side, I have an interview next week and I am terrifed. :?:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Kovu said:
But on the up side, I have an interview next week and I am terrifed. :?:

My ladywife dyes her own hair. It's cheap and looks ok but then again she's not trying to get a job or attract men. AFAIK!

Night Train

Maker of Things
Get a friends to help you make sure that it is all in the right place and evenly covered. Also make sure you can see a clock. Trying to set a timer or stopwatch while covered guck and plastic gloves is not easy.
Also have plenty of old towels to hand, preferably dark coloured ones. If I were closer I could do it for you.

Oi, duracell! :biggrin:

Heh, I spent too many of my early teen years with *ahem* 'copper' hair after attempts to dye it blonde failed miserably. :?:

Do the interview, then play with your hair. What are you doing with it anyway and what direction are you going in (brunette to blonde, black to red etc)?

Do what Night Train says and cover every surface. You won't believe where you'll find the splashes otherwise...;)

andygates

Cheapo B-Blonde powder peroxide bleach will get you a fine Viking ice-blond if you leave it on long enough. Burns your scalp, too...

OP
OP
Kovu

Kovu

Über Member
I love this forum :?:

I'm going from a light brown to a dark dark brown, and i have a week off next friday so im going to risk it and try it then. But I am utterly terrifed of it turning out wrong :S

Noodley

Kovu said:
I love this forum ;)

I'm going from a light brown to a dark dark brown, and i have a week off next friday so im going to risk it and try it then. But I am utterly terrifed of it turning out wrong :S

I feel my current light 'salt and pepper' sophisticated look may be lost on you, so I shall refrain from letting you know my secrets.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Kovu... the rule when dying your own hair is not to stray further than 2 shades from your natural colour. and follow the instructions on the packet!

if you want to go more than 2 shades darker, use a colour that washes out in six washes, just in case of disaster (if you have to mix the colour, i.e. there are two bottles in the packet, this is not a six wash colour). Then if you are happy with the shade, you can then swap to a semi-permanent in the same make and shade next time.

never use a permanent colour. semi-permanents (24 washes) are what you need as they become permanent over time, as you layer the colour on. when re-applying always do your roots first (leave colour for 10 mins before applying to rest of the hair)

or... as suggested... contact the local college. they do it for about a fiver. Or try a "training" night at your hairdressers.

Top Bottom