Halfords Advanced Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier Clamp Fitting instructions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Just bought a used Halfords Advanced Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier Clamp Fitting version off ebay

Like this....

Note - CLAMP FITTING VERSION

Trouble is it came with no instructions and the person I bought it off says she never used it and can't find the instructions

Its got many wheels/clamps/bits n bobs and the last thing I want is the bike falling off into the path of the car behind :sad:

With this being the clamp version it looks like you just fit the lip of the clamps into the gap between the hatch and the roof,but when I gave it a quick try tonight it just fell off :ohmy:

Has anyone got the instructions/give me any advice please so I can try in the day light tomorrow

C

chillyuk

Is it this one?

Instructions for high 3 clamp

Just noticed it doesn't say advanced, but may still give you an idea.

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Thank you very much my fellow CCerrs :thumbsup:

What a great site this is :becool:

Just a wee fwiw - I'm sure there's lots of other safety advice about these things, but this is something that Halfords didn't tell me, and wasn't in the instructions in a similar thing I bought a few years ago.

Watch that the top fixings/straps/whatever are entirely clear of any plastic spoilers/similar?

A la this - the straps go direct and straight to the top edge of the hatch.

Otherwise, as the plastic bends and gives, the bikes move ........ alarmingly ;)

Peteaud

Veteran
Not saying rear cycle carriers are bad, but i had 2, the 1st a cheapo one fell off and the 2nd wobbled alarmingly, probably secure but in the end i went for roof mounted.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Apologies for the thread revival, but I hope someone that posted here still has one of these: can anyone tell me the vertical distance of the middle mounting point above the bottom support, please? I'm wondering if it's tall enough for my wheels to clear the lights or if I'd need to remove them and tape+bag the chain.

Top Bottom