Happy Birthday Mr Hippo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes - Many Happy Returns...

"The really frightening thing about middle age is that you know you'll grow out of it!"
Doris Day

Have a Hippy Birthday:birthday:;)

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
Many thanks for your wishes. I decided today that I would celebrate by doing 60 kms. but the rain gods stopped my plan but there's always tomorrow! I'm sitting here at just after 3 in the afternoon with the light on. The sky is black, rain coming down like stair-rods and a great lightning storm about 8 kms away; because of the storm, the satellite TV is off - hope it's back on for the Liverpool - United match tonight!
The Thais have adopted the Chinese 12 year cycle and as I am 60 that's my fifth cycle. Imagine my disappointment today when I went to the bike shed and found only 3 cycles! So I need two more, one will be a recumbent and I am trying to convince myself that I need a trike!
Well, the storm has passed, TV is back on and hopefully there will be no more rain today so my 60 will be on for Sunday.

Keith Oates

Janner
Happy birthday from me as well mr_hippo, and I hope the 60 Km ride tommorow is enjoyable. The thunder and rain etc. is also happening here at the moment so I guess this part of Asia in general is getting a good 'watering'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
may you wallow in cake mr hippo :biggrin: ;):angry:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Hope you have a good one Mr Hippo. :biggrin:
I have a big one coming up later this year & when my wife & parents were asking what i wanted to do for my birthday I suggested we all did a 40 mile ride together, but no one seemed keen:sad:

mr_hippo

Living Legend & Old Fart
^ Yes, I spent nearly all of Sunday with a stomach bug and I thought that I would get out and do an easy 25kms today. I had got about 2kms down the road and felt a few raindrops then it got heavier! There were very black clouds on the horizon so I turned round and headed home. I could have turned round and ridden away from the black clouds but that would have take me towards Central Bangkok in rush hour!
I can ride in the wet but I choose not to!
August was a very wet month so I was only able to get out nine times and September is no better - 4 times so far if you count today's attempt

Top Bottom