Happy Birthday Planet Rock 🎶

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Most planets are rock - and a lot older too :whistle:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't listen to the radio these days, but I know that Planet Rock is owned by Bauer Media, who have been kind enough to give me £3,000 in prize winnings in their competitions in the past 6 years, so yeah... HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PLANET ROCK!!! :okay: :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Don't know about Pete, but I never entered those competitions. The station ring you but give up if you don't answer fast enough. It would be so bloody annoying to hear the phone ringing but not get to it within the prescribed 5 (?) rings. You then stick the radio on and listen to someone else getting 'your' prize...! :eek:

Drago

Legendary Member
Did you hear it a few months back when someone muffed up the Planet Rock Legend?

"Status Quo!", he proudly proclaimed, promptly followed by "oh, sheet - that was yesterdays!" I nearly crashed the car laughing.

I listen to a bit of beeb world service, but Planet Rock is my main tipple. I used to be a rabid R4 fan, but they dress further to the left than Diane Abbot's. Of all the interesting and enlightening topics they could chunter about it was almost continuously the B word, so I finally binned them off, Archers and all.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Ditto that. Two mates with a shared love of rock, food and motorbikes, each gently taking the pees out of each other. Its essential listening in the West Wing at Drago towers.

Top Bottom