1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone on Cyclechat

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Joni, 17 Mar 2008.

1. Joni

Joni Über Member

A happy St. Patrick's day one and all from Joni ;);)

2. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

It is 28 years ago, to the day, I passed my driving test at the first attempt. In my Dad's green car, Dad being Irish. It made his day

3. Happy Paddy's day all ;);)

4. Noodley

Noodley Guest

Roll up, roll up! Wait for Joni's next post: "Happy Easter everyone on Cyclechat"

5. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Surely St P's Day only has any relevance if you're Irish?;):wacko:

6. Its relevant also if your not Irish but living there, it meant you get another holiday;)

7. Or a pub owner...went past several around here advertising "St Patrick's Day weekend" ;)

8. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

OK, I'll force myself to drink a pint of Guinness! :blush:

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i've no irish blood so i'll pass on this one. but have a good time, those of you with a connection to the emerald isle :blush:

10. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Slowly losing touch with my roots :blush: but it was a BIG THING when we were kids . Both the parents came over from Ireland in 1956 (they met and married here) and we used to wear a big cardboard harp to school on St Paddy's day, and the rellies used to send over a squidgy envelope full of shamrock to pin on our school jumper, under that harp.... (late 60s, early 70s) :blush:

11. Joni

Joni Über Member

Wrong! :blush:

12. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Yoy come over here, taking our jobs, bla bla bla..........

13. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

it gives us english an excuse to get hammered! well another one! I think we celebrate st patricks day more than st georges because it soo associated with alcohol, and celebrating St Georges Day = racism now

14. Maz

Maz Guru

Happy St.Pat's Day!...I normally fly an Irish Tricolor on the back of my saddle bag on this day, but my wrist is bust so not riding yet!

15. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

my other half is half irish so i may have half a Guinness tonight