Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone on Cyclechat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafflycat

It is 28 years ago, to the day, I passed my driving test at the first attempt. In my Dad's green car, Dad being Irish. It made his day

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've no irish blood so i'll pass on this one. but have a good time, those of you with a connection to the emerald isle :blush:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Slowly losing touch with my roots :blush: but it was a BIG THING when we were kids . Both the parents came over from Ireland in 1956 (they met and married here) and we used to wear a big cardboard harp to school on St Paddy's day, and the rellies used to send over a squidgy envelope full of shamrock to pin on our school jumper, under that harp.... (late 60s, early 70s) :blush:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Fnaar said:
Slowly losing touch with my roots :blush: but it was a BIG THING when we were kids . Both the parents came over from Ireland in 1956 (they met and married here) and we used to wear a big cardboard harp to school on St Paddy's day, and the rellies used to send over a squidgy envelope full of shamrock to pin on our school jumper, under that harp.... (late 60s, early 70s) :blush:

Yoy come over here, taking our jobs, bla bla bla..........

mr Mag00

rising member
it gives us english an excuse to get hammered! well another one! I think we celebrate st patricks day more than st georges because it soo associated with alcohol, and celebrating St Georges Day = racism now

Maz

Guru
Happy St.Pat's Day!...I normally fly an Irish Tricolor on the back of my saddle bag on this day, but my wrist is bust so not riding yet!

Top Bottom