Harry Potter moment.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Ha!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Twenty Inch said:
When I was a kid, we'd sit in the back of the car chanting "Change green, change green" at the traffic lights. Always worked.
I did that recently on Oxford Road whilst on my bike. I was locked up for a month, but at least the walls were nicely padded. :biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
We have loads of automatically-opening doors at work... I can't help myself, but I almost always click my fingers to 'make them open' ... even when there's nobody with me ;)

thomas

the tank engine
Twenty Inch said:
When I was a kid, we'd sit in the back of the car chanting "Change green, change green" at the traffic lights. Always worked.

I sometimes chant, please go red, plleeaasseee, when I need a drink and a short rest :birthday:

HobbesChoice

thomas said:
I sometimes chant, please go red, plleeaasseee, when I need a drink and a short rest :smile:

+1 Me too! I also do the "stay red" chant followed by "oh for God's sake" when they turn or stay green! :biggrin:

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
you notice lights?:smile::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
At work on Monday, I was minding the trikes outside while my colleague went in to fetch a jumper, and a lady asked me for directions. As I spoke to her, the other trike started to roll a little, I guess the wind caught it, and I looked over at it, and said "stay!", and it did, because the ground is pretty uneven and the front wheel just stopped in a tiny rut.

She must have thought I was mad...

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Colleague #1 was feeding coins into one armed bandit with no result.
Colleague #2 after a few coins had gone in shoves him out of the way and says "I'll show you how it's done" puts one coin in and Kerching - wins x10.

Made a big impression on us all did that :smile:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Being middle class suburbanites that we were, my dad was the first in the street to install an electronic / remote operated up and over garage door. Having spent the morning rigging it up, he brought us kids out to have a go. French instructions spotted by little sister resulted in her being told that it was voice operated, and would only open to a loudly issued "ouvrir!!" Closure, of course, was triggered by an equally loud "fermer!!!"

There are two openers. One lives on the kitchen windowsill. The other lives near enough to dad to ensure the verbal commands are still observed. Thing is, she's 32 now, and she still yells at it.

Her kids have long rumbled it as a joke, but little sis continues to stand in the driveway shouting at the garage in French.

Mind you, she still thinks "Merde!" is French for "Sorry!!" and always makes a point of saying it on the Isle of Wight ferry.

Top Bottom