Has anybody had a finger in their bum recently?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Ive today been diagnosed with prostate cancer after weeks of bum fingers, PSA levels, MRI scans and a biopsy. I've a Gleason score of 3/3. It's the least aggressive type so they've suggested a watch and wait approach. Still getting my head around it.

I sympathise with you Mickle having just gone down the same road you are on. My Gleason scores were higher putting me into the aggressive cancer club. Had been pretty aysymtomatic other than needing a couple of pees in the night. I had been having PSA test for the past 5 years and the last went up a little and that triggered alarm bells. Recently (few weeks ago) I had a prostatectomy and luckily the tumour had not breached the gland. Now recovering from the op and doing really well. Have had no issues. Went home after less than 2 days. It’s been quite amazing.
I wish you all the best if you do have to take action (and also if you don’t of course).. all the best

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ive today been diagnosed with prostate cancer after weeks of bum fingers, PSA levels, MRI scans and a biopsy. I've a Gleason score of 3/3. It's the least aggressive type so they've suggested a watch and wait approach. Still getting my head around it.
:ohmy: Just what you don't want to hear. :hugs:

postman

Legendary Member
MICKLE All the best from here.it was bad enough with just a swollen prostate,FINASTERIDE the pills i was on messed my head up.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Best wishes @mickle - well done for getting it seen to & not ignoring the issue

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Best wishes @mickle. I keep putting off going to docs. I'm 62 so should at least have check up. Do they call folks in? I've had 2 lots of poor sticks which came back clear but nothing suggesting finger up bum or other tests.

Best wishes @mickle - well done for getting it seen to & not ignoring the issue

I had no symptoms. I've always had the bladder of a newt and frequent nighttime excursions, so no change there. Several weeks ago I asked my GP - as an aside - if (as a consequence of my double orchidectomy and testosterone replacement) there were any test(s) that I should be having. I've been largely left to my own devices by my GP. Then out of the blue I get asked to submit for a blood test, advised that my PSA levels were elevated. (How would they know? This is the first time they've looked at them) and on the conveyor to MRI and rectal biopsy.

So I'm not entirely sure what triggered this course of events, but it definitely wasn't me presenting with any issues. I am, thinking about it now, exceedingly happy with the diagnosis. You can never be 100% certain that you don't have prostate cancer. So knowing that I do have it - and in the hands of a very competent urology department here in York. I've got potentially ten to fifteen years before I need to do anything about it (surgery/radiotherapy/whatever), and in the meantime they'll keep an active watch.

My dad died of prostate cancer and my mum of lung cancer, both about 15 years ago. I've had cancer previously, so this doesn't come as a surprise. It has the sense of being inevitable. So when he told me, I was like: 'Oh yeah, there it is'. Also, by the time we get to my age lots of us have this sort of cancer and don't know it. So with this diagnosis I'm ahead of the game.

My advice. in addition to a regular bum finger, is to get your PSA levels checked regularly. A single measurement means nothing, but a series of numbers - taken every 4/6 months - will show up any changes.

Anyway, I'm good. Thanks for your kind messages.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good to hear you're happy with the way things ran their course, and you've the support there should you have need of it.

All the best from this point forward.

MikeG

Guru
I had my second physical examination last week, 4 years after the first. No issues found. The associated blood test just came back "normal, no action necessary", so I'll have a couple of years before revisiting the subject.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Wishing you all the best.
Nobody wants the big C calling but from my experience........once you know, you can face it head on as against the constant worry. I still crap myself before my 6 monthly camera but like me.....you will be in good hands.

Top Bottom