Has anyone as an adult shoplifted??????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

was talking to a guy in the pub tonight who works as a security guard and know him to say hello to until tomorrow when it closes for good in Borders on Buchanan Street in Glasgow city centre.

Was asking if he's busy as surely it's a shoplifters paradise just now. He says he's been told he's only there to protect the staff as someone in another store was attacked about the gift card thing and not to bother with shoplifters

He said in the past few months he's caught apart from the usual junkies etc.....

A lawyer -was done and charged
An off duty cop - got let off by some superindendat
An airline pilot - done it for attention as he's split from his wife
A Doctor - was having a breakdown
And a schooll teacher - just thought she'd try it to see if she got away with it

found the above all a bit bizarre to be honest

Wigsie

Nincompoop
Not since I was 14....

Now enough of this nonsense...have you pissed on your neigbours drive yet?

I used to be a plain clothed store detective and i once caught an ex Army major stealing a tube of KY Jelly :smile: it was in a tesco store and the major lived nearby ... i was gutted when the store manager decided not to call the Police as the value of goods was'nt sufficient to get a prosecution

I just wanted to see it in the local paper :smile:

Simon

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Wigsie said:
Not since I was 14....

Now enough of this nonsense...have you pissed on your neigbours drive yet?

No but I done something else. Drew a big knob shape on their grass area. Thing is. Just as I finished my masterpiece I realised a lot of the houses have securtiy cameras :smile::ohmy:

Just thank god the first house I done it in I know them quite well and they'll find it funny. Don't know the people in the other house as they're not long moved in. so thank f*ck i didn't do theirs.

Came to my senses and came back in.

Mrs Greedo has just told me I'm a d*ck as she came back and i'd left the front door open while I was doing it. She came back just I was walking back along the road with just jeans and a t shirt on :smile::laugh:

She thinks the knob thing was funny though!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Around fifteen years ago after some frantic Xmas shopping I arrived home with some book that I hadn't paid for. I have no recollection of putting them in one of the carrier bags and a search for receipts drew a blank. I shuddered to think of the consequences of having my collar felt by a store detective as I had no defence for my actions. I briefly considered going back into town but I couldn't even say for certain which book shop that they came from as I'd looked at the books in two different shops. The hassle of being honest meant that someone got stolen goods for Christmas that year.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I once saw some bloke walk into Boots and blatantly emptied a shelf of hair products into an empty rucksack and walk straight out. I was gobsmacked at his audacity.

darkstar

Not intentionally, i once picked up a packet of chewing gum, took a piece whilst shopping and put the packet in my pocket.
I realised when looking at the bill at home and went straight back to pay!

Globalti

Legendary Member
I once helped to restrain a shoplifter who was nicking transistor radios from a toy shop. The elderly woman cashier had spotted him and was pulling radios out of his very large coat pockets. He was pushing her around and acting up so I grabbed his arms and held him. Then his mate turned up, having gone back to unload his pockets.... as they left the first one threw a punch at me, which I dodged but his knuckle connected with a very weak crown I had and knocked it out (did me a favour really because the tooth was rotting and tasting awful). Police came and we searched the nearby shops for them but no sign. Shop owner gave me a fiver.

thomas

the tank engine
I still pinch a few grapes when walking around...does that count as shoplifting? :angry:

Someone I used to work with said that she used to go in the big supermarkets, go pick up some bedding things then take it to the refunds desk. She, obviously, didn't have a receipt but got a credit note...which she spent on that week's shopping.

postman

Legendary Member
A minister in York has told his flock to go to the larger stores and shoplift .It's ok as long as you don't do it to your local small storekeeper .

Not a good idea .

It has repercussions .It can rebound on you in later life .

I have heard stories from my wife a police officer for over 30 years .

Danny

Legendary Member
postman said:
A minister in York has told his flock to go to the larger stores and shoplift .It's ok as long as you don't do it to your local small storekeeper .

Not a good idea .

It has repercussions .It can rebound on you in later life .

I have heard stories from my wife a police officer for over 30 years.
He did not actually condone shoplifting. He was trying to argue that for people who are desperate for money, shoplifting from a multinational chain is a less bad option than burglary or mugging people in the street.

Clearly there was a high risk that remarks like this were going to be totally misrepresented.

Top Bottom