Has anyone seen Will Self recently?

Interesting point they're debating though. I've been persuaded that while not all leave voters are racists, all the racists will have voted Leave. But I concede I may be wrong. So in a spirit of earnest enquiry that might satisfy Francois, would all forumites be willing to declare whether or not they're racists and which way they voted in the referendum?
I'm happy to go first if that'll lubricate the discussion. I'm not a racist and I voted Remain. How about you?

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Interesting point they're debating though. I've been persuaded that while not all leave voters are racists, all the racists will have voted Leave. But I concede I may be wrong. So in a spirit of earnest enquiry that might satisfy Francois, would all forumites be willing to declare whether or not they're racists and which way they voted in the referendum?
I'm happy to go first if that'll lubricate the discussion. I'm not a racist and I voted Remain. How about you?
He really did hand Francois his intellectual arse, didn't he - always worth a re-watch ^_^

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It’s the same argument with Trump. And in a very close vote such as Brexit or the last US election it’s very conceivable that the racist vote swung it.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm racist and I voted remain.
More people to be racist at, I like your thinking.

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
More people to be racist at, I like your thinking.
Certainly an opportunity to examine my own biases as well as those of our culture and society.

I'm of course using a very naval-gazing definition of racism here but even putting that aside, I still think it's a bit of a stretch to say that all racists voted to leave. It's a weird claim that just seems to be asserted with seemingly no need for any justification, maybe out of a sense of moral superiority or something. I dunno, I just think that it's a bit of an oversimplification.

newfhouse

Regressive elitist lefty
It's a weird claim that just seems to be asserted with seemingly no need for any justification, maybe out of a sense of moral superiority or something. I dunno, I just think that it's a bit of an oversimplification.
Time for a cc poll? Are you a racist, not just in winjim’s sense that we all are, and how did you vote? I’d be surprised if one or more of the polling companies didn’t already have the UK data.

Also worth wondering whether not being consciously racist means that you actually are morally superior. Before we go down the Mark Francois / Will Self rabbit hole that doesn’t necessarily mean that all remain voters are morally superior, obviously.

Top Bottom