Hate not cycling to work!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Got a physio appointment later, rather then arrive sweaty only to have the poor lass try and massage my sore bits (giggedy) i decided to take public transport to work today...

I now realise why i was so desperate to cycle each day!

expensive, noisy, smelly, cramped and generally full of half asleep people or women applying make up. somewhat skilfully i might add considering the way the train rocks about.

even though it was windy yesterday i loved my commute both in and home, it was fast and energetic, this morning i just feel wrong somehow.
i do not like this feeling! whats worse is i have to use the train again later :sad:
pete

dhd.evans

Veteran
Oh, I hear you on that. The day (usually one a week) I have to get the bus into work is unbearable. I end up turning my music player up to 11 to escape the constant babble about X-Factor and TOWIE and how Jack slept with Debbie who was with Jamie the other week.

Honest to God. The solitude of cycling is a blessing.

That said, trying to force through 20mph headwinds this morning was also quite unbearable.

OP
OP
Melonfish

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
eating when ill is perfectly acceptable because you know at some point you'll work it off on the bike ;)
at least tell yourself that and you'll feel better :biggrin:

yeah, offski in 15 mins and not looking forward to having to take this ride to physio then another ride after when i'm sore as hell...
meh, with any luck tho this should help my bad back.
i do miss the solitude and freedom on my commutes, sometimes tho don't you just get the urge to sail past work waving and then 10 miles down the road call in sick? :biggrin:

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I hate not riding into work too... In fact I beat myself up about not riding into work some days and end up in a really bad mood about it... :angry:

I need to get out more I guess...

Top Bottom