1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have I missed something?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by walker, 21 Apr 2008.

1. walker

walker New Member

Anyone else notice an influx on German number plates and German people around lately? Have I missed something? has Oktoberfest moved to April and England?

2. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Well no one actually uses UK registered plates any more do they? Why would you with all these bloody cameras around charging you for this that or the other?

3. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Lots of Portuguese (P), Polish (PL) & Lithuanian (LT) ones in my neck of the woods. Then plenty of other east european ones too.

4. walker

walker New Member

I see hundreds of Polish and lithuanian around here, their more common that English cars these days, along with Latvian ones too

5. Maz

Maz Guru

True. You can get away with speed fines etc dead easy with a foreign plate.

6. yello

yello Guru

Quite a number of Brit reg cars around here. I suspect some for the same reason.

7. walker

walker New Member

and yet I rarely see a french Car.

8. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

Not so - the beastly French pass on your details to the UK.

9. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Lots of Polish plates round here and on very smart cars too!

10. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

There is a thriving industry in selling UK citizens brand new cars direct from Eastern European countries on foreign plates and importing them to the UK.

11. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

I must live with my head in the clouds; haven't seen one Pole or Polish car yet.

12. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

These cars are often stolen to order from the UK, ringed in Eastern Europe and sold back over here!

Lots of big Audis and the like.

13. walker

walker New Member

None of them want to visit Essex:biggrin:

14. Milo

Milo Veteran

Ay tdrinker they target transits quite often as there dead easy to disguise i suppose.

15. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

I saw a Polish reg'd white van, heavily laden. I was on my bike, and gradually caught up with it (it was a'spluttering and a'coughing) and it appeared to be full of leeks. Quite bizarre! :biggrin: