Have I missed something?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Anyone else notice an influx on German number plates and German people around lately? Have I missed something? has Oktoberfest moved to April and England?

domtyler

Über Member
Well no one actually uses UK registered plates any more do they? Why would you with all these bloody cameras around charging you for this that or the other?

OP
OP
walker

walker

wafflycat said:
Lots of Portuguese (P), Polish (PL) & Lithuanian (LT) ones in my neck of the woods. Then plenty of other east european ones too.

I see hundreds of Polish and lithuanian around here, their more common that English cars these days, along with Latvian ones too

Maz

Guru
domtyler said:
Well no one actually uses UK registered plates any more do they? Why would you with all these bloody cameras around charging you for this that or the other?
True. You can get away with speed fines etc dead easy with a foreign plate.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Lots of Polish plates round here and on very smart cars too!

domtyler

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
Lots of Polish plates round here and on very smart cars too!

There is a thriving industry in selling UK citizens brand new cars direct from Eastern European countries on foreign plates and importing them to the UK.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I saw a Polish reg'd white van, heavily laden. I was on my bike, and gradually caught up with it (it was a'spluttering and a'coughing) and it appeared to be full of leeks. Quite bizarre! :biggrin:

Top Bottom