Have you questioned your gender?

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by slowmotion, 5 Jun 2018.

?
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    76.1%
  3. I'm questioning the duality of this questionnaire

8 vote(s)
    11.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

Last edited: 5 Jun 2018
  2. OP
    OP
    slowmotion

slowmotion Quite dreadful

I was at the blood test department of Charing Cross Hospital a few years ago, waiting for my turn. Next to me were two middle aged men who were transitioning, dressed in flocks. They looked like women, but their voices were all wrong. After my initial surprise and fascination, I couldn't help but admire their courage and determination. I still do.

Nigeyy, simon.r, Saluki and 1 other person like this.
  3. Don't be sheepish. Tell us what ewe really mean. Pulling the wool over our eyes won't stop you getting fleeced. If course, you could end up being baa'd.

4. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

I like pink and wear a skirt Kilt does that count :blush:

5. queasyrider

queasyrider Still perplexed

Too many puns. Do you realise the ramifications?

6. gaijintendo

gaijintendo Über Member

As a teeny kid, I used to wish I was a girl, because my mum's knickers looked so much better than my Y Fronts. I do remember being sad about being a boy.

Similarly, maybe a year later, I would rub my head and shuffle my cap because I really wanted to have a bald head, just like my wonderful grandfather.

I am happy to say, I have found pants I like now, however, I really don't want that bald spot to get any ideas on growing...

Your preferences can change, and your preferences are important to you...

7. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

Gender issues ? Don't worry the white, middle class, middle aged men are here ! They hav no idea how you feel but boy can they attack each other with gusto!

Bromptonaut and simon.r like this.
  8. FishFright

FishFright More wheels than sense

[QUOTE 5267626, member: 45"]Why are people so bothered about discussing this?[/QUOTE]

Because there's people on here who have to be experts on every single thing despite not knowing anything about it. I do know there is someone on here who does know a little about it too.

raleighnut likes this.
  9. Smeggers II

Smeggers II Legendary Member

Sadly, there used to be a lot more than one.

10. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

I have questioned my gender... but i spend more time questioning gender in general.

11. queasyrider

Since this is is Cyclechat here's an unashamedly irreverent answer:

(Times have changed since these characters were introduced. Would they be allowed today?)

Walliams-204568.jpg

Soltydog likes this.
  12. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

i certainly hope so... they were one of the few half decent sketches in LB.

Smeggers II likes this.
  13. Smeggers II

Smeggers II Legendary Member

I saw Joe Lycett recently, he did a whole section on gender and sexuality, I wish I was clever (or sober) enough to remember some of it verbatim, but he basically identifies himself as pansexual (look it up) and talked about how the whole Gay Pride thing has been piggy backed by large corporations as its the acceptable face of 'gay'. Perhaps I'm getting the whole gender / sexual preference thing mixed up (as mentioned, there's not many here left to put us right on that nowadays) but it really was very funny.

14. Ian H

Ian H Guru

Never say dye.

raleighnut, Beebo, theclaud and 6 others like this.
  15. queasyrider

Well I never realised that!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice