Having a good spell!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've had people suggest that I always have incidents, that I must be riding badly, yada, yada, yada. Anyway I thought I would help to redress the balance. I've had a lot of good commutes recently. No problems at all. Very enjoyable. :ohmy:

I still see plenty of drivers using their mobiles of course, but they have been keeping out of my way (and the camera isn't always very good at picking them up anyway!).

Roll on the summer holidays when the roads get quieter, and everyone is in less of a rush and things get even better.

I love cycle commuting!! :biggrin::biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Aye, summertime and the livin' is easy...

domtyler

Über Member
Me too, no proper incidents for quite a long time now apart from a few weeks ago when a black cab driver attempted to drive me into the kerb. I roared at him to get out of his cab when he was stopped at the lights ten metres further on and try bullying me but he politely declined the offer and told me that cabs were allowed to be on the road before looking the other way and ignoring me. :ohmy:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

andyfromotley said:
I have posted on here about how i find cycling in leeds fairly stress free.

Glad to hear the karma is spreading!

andy

I don't expect it to last, but it's nice when it happens.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Apart from one or two minor incidents, I've been chilled out for about 6 months now. Combine that with the opportunity of a full commute this morning (forget the train, 26 miles of beautiful Hampshire countryside and quiet lanes) and I'm endorphined up to the t1ts.:smile:

We should have more threads like this.

Tynan

Veteran
lots of headwinds lately heading home and i seem to have settled now into an attitude that I will not go slower than 20mph regardless of headwinds so there's a certain amount of exertion

and sadly lots of interaction with the traffic, two asian girls moved a lane to the left approaching the lights at Nags Head, regardless of me being alongside them the whole time, no mirror no signal no nada, I roared something choice regarding the correct way to change lanes into their open passenger window

from the way they both leapt out of their skins i think it's fair to see they hadn't noticed me until then

MERV

A few dodgy lorry drivers for me this week.

MERV

I rushed home tonight to watch the last ten minutes of normal time of the Champions league.Suppose it was worth it.;)

Not too bad just some numpty in second gear kept catching me up as I kept
getting caught at the lights after I couldn't get past him at mile end..

Wish I was as fast as some of you guys on here.;)

Spoke too soon! Not scientific but I've been wearing a Hi Viz again for months now through winter, took it off today, wore a bright red jacket and had my 1st SMIDSY for a while. I should of known it was coming; drafting a blue BMW coupe doesn't work, especially in a headwind, I quickly get dropped :ohmy:. Cue SMIDSY in a black BMW hatchback turning right out of a side road through that gap. There was a bus right behind me but thankfully he gave me room as the main road bends sharply, he'd have had to brake anyway :eek:. That bend makes the visibility from the minor road very good and if SMIDSY had bothered to look, after the bus there was a massive gap as the lights up the road had just changed to the pedestrian stage.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

HLaB said:
Spoke too soon! Not scientific but I've been wearing a Hi Viz again for months now through winter, took it off today, wore a bright red jacket and had my 1st SMIDSY for a while. I should of known it was coming; drafting a blue BMW coupe doesn't work, especially in a headwind, I quickly get dropped :ohmy:. Cue SMIDSY in a black BMW hatchback turning right out of a side road through that gap. There was a bus right behind me but thankfully he gave me room as the main road bends sharply, he'd have had to brake anyway :eek:. That bend makes the visibility from the minor road very good and if SMIDSY had bothered to look, after the bus there was a massive gap as the lights up the road had just changed to the pedestrian stage.

Your not suggesting that hi-viz makes a difference are you? Bentmikey? Bentmikey? Where are you Bentmikey? :biggrin:

(I've been watching too much Mr Tumble...:sad:)

Top Bottom