headaches ??!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ASDA

No matter how much food and drink i have before during and after exercise, wether it be on my bike or playing football. I always get a really bad headache and somtimes a full blown migrane ?! Before i start i have a bowl of porridge and a drink, have energy dinks when riding or playing football then after have a couple of bananas and more drink. What am i doing wrong or whats the cause any ideas ?? :sad::sad:
Cheers - if it helps with replies im the wrong side of 46 but the right side of 48 !!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh:

plank

Poor posture caused this for me! It came on when I changed chairs at work and I only realised by chance it was linked.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Hi Asda - welcome to the forum, my thoughts are:

Are you keeping well hydrated during the day overall? Good way to measure this is to see if you urine when you got to the toilet is pale yellow/straw coloured.

The other thing that may be causing this is you might be over exerting? If you've been playing football and cycling for some time this may not be it.

You might want to also eat about a couple of hours before exercise to give the food time to digest- 4 hours before sometimes in the case of strenuos exercise as the food being digested may be affecting things. Also noted you eat bananas afterwards- good to replace lost energy but something a bit more protein heavy may be a good alternative for recovery?

longers

Legendary Member
potsy said:
Might be worth getting your blood pressure checked too.

A visit to your gp is always a good idea as us internet people mostly aren't doctors.

But I will add that Trio - a forummer on here - helped me with mine by suggesting it was down to a stiff neck and shoulders and since I've been monitoring and stretching those areas it has been a long while since I've had a headache I couldn't get rid of with a stretch or three.

Trek Trauma Chris

Get your blood pressure checked out (the silent killer) then have a Chiropractor check your neck for any miss-alignment or vertebrae out of line, as there are "trigger points" in the neck that can cause dizziness and a trapped nerve will cause head pains.

Also quite common is bruxism (teeth grinding) and this too can cause headaches if you are clenching your teeth during sport.

bikermaze

I also have this problem but not frequently when I am exercising or doing sports. I usually just rest and ignore it but it's best to go to a doctor to be sure.

Top Bottom