heart rate monitor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
my polar f6 hrm screen has decided to pack in (bits of numbers missing) so i think santa might get a letter asking if he can bring me a new one for christmas. just wondering what type/model you use, are polar the best?
all i want from it really is the basic functions, time, calories, etc, nothing to technical. all i really want to use it for is weight loss really and to keep a log of exercises

Try changing the battery first.

bristol-dave

Regular
Im a polar fan myself, easy to use, long lasting etc... i even use my polar chest strap when in the gym for the treadmill and crosstrainer as they happen to be polar too, quite a few gyms i've used have polar cardio kit .

Rando

Veteran
I had a Polar F6 for about 3 years and when the battery went and the chest strap needed replacing I decided it was time for a new HRM and got myself a Polar FT7. Very much like the F6 I had and for a reasonable price of about £70. I notice now that they sell for £60 on amazon. The FT7 gives me the basics of time/calories and the time spent in fat burning mode or fitness mode. Does the job as they say.

Pauln

I have a polar, but just picked up an HRM for my wife from Aldi, it was reduced to £9.99!!

bicyclos

Part time Anorak
I bought a Sigma PC-15 last year from amazon which has all the basic function plus some if you want and you can changed the battery (cr2032) on the watch very easily same as the transmitter. Seen one on amazon for 36.97 free p&p.

regards

Pauln

Has she tried it yet? How does it stand up to the polar?

It isn't out of the box yet, still trying to convince her that it is a good thing to try (I am experimenting with the Maffetone HRM training method from The Big Book of Endurance Training and racing). If nothing else it will be a good backup if my Polar fails.

Top Bottom