Heart Rate Monitors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrishodges

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of taking my training to a new level and was wondering if using a heart rate monitor would be a good way to monitor my training?

If so can anyone recommend me a decent HRM to someone not looking to spend too much on it, and also give me some idea of how best to use it to measure progress.

Cheers
Chris

Mike!

Guru
Get yourself a copy of this months Cycling Plus as they have a test on them, haven't read it yet as i'm saving it for Christmas so cannot advise which is better :biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
You can spend a large range on this equipment so take time researching for exactly what you want.

There are two types really that you want to bear in mind.

1) The wrist-watch type that you can also use running, triathlons etc (if you run occasionally) that mounts to your bars.

2) The cycle computer type that is just for cycling which may have added features.

You can also go down the GPS route but then it takes it to another level I'm afraid which is why I wouldn't rush in.

After going on a CC ride with another member having the Forerunner mounted to the bars I thought it was awesome which began me on my search for a higher level computer. I ended up plumping for the Edge 500 as most of my routes don't deviate off course and it can show me all the data I need.

Good luck in your search!

Firestorm

Veteran
I was thinking of getting one with the cadence attachment, but I want to be able to use it on the bike at home and on the spinning bikes in the gym, is there one which has a transferrable sensor or maybe one where the sensor is strapped to the ankle ??

Top Bottom