Helicopters, all in a row.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allen-uk

Why should about ten helicopters fly across London from the West (in a S.E. direction) at about 11 o'clock today (Thursday)? They were all in a line, and were about a mile north of the North circular road.

A.

Arch

Married to Night Train
No idea, but my nephew would have loved that, one of the things he can identify is a 'cop cop'...

SmileyBoots

Über Member
Fleet Air Arm ?

Aren't the Fleet Air Air celibrating being 100 years old today? I think they are planning something in London at midday - might be a trial run.

U

User482

According to the cricket commentary, they've just passed over Lord's.

Arch

Married to Night Train
SmileyBoots said:
Aren't the Fleet Air Air celibrating being 100 years old today? I think they are planning something in London at midday - might be a trial run.

Ah, yes, that would be it...

Will1985

Über Member
It was on News 24 this morning - they took off from HMS Illustrious which is moored on the Thames, to celebrate the centenary of the Fleet Air Arm as SmileyBoots said.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
They were drafting to save fuel.

yenrod

allen-uk said:
Why should about ten helicopters fly across London from the West (in a S.E. direction) at about 11 o'clock today (Thursday)? They were all in a line, and were about a mile north of the North circular road.

A.

Didnt you know that theres a world war starting ! - and the missiles are aiming at you in London... !

:tongue::hyper::laugh::hyper::ohmy::hyper::smile::hyper:

thomas

the tank engine
Arch said:
Are you near a hospital? It may be in case of need by Air Ambulance, if the local hospital doesn't have the space (or an an emergency diversion point or something)

Errm. Actually there is one about 2 miles away. They'd have to do a bit of off roading with the ambulance though to get to it :biggrin:

Will1985 said:
I'm pretty sure that's been there ages thomas, even before NNUH was built. Are you staying in the Ziggurats?!?

Oui?!?! :sad:

I've no idea how long it's been there, but it certainly makes getting picked up for half term a lot easier :tongue:

ChrisKH

Guru
Yes, we saw these today. Well my staff did, from their window on the world. I was working (hard to believe I know).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I look out of my office window in Greenwich and I see this.

HMS Illustrious
3012941214_79303e5ac2.jpg

Top Bottom