Hello. Beginner from Preston (capitol centre side)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kieran Taylor

Regular
Hi all, just seeing if there are any people out there who know of any good routes to take or that i could possibly join them on? I am just starting out so i'm not sure now long i will last although i do already have a good standard of fitness. Just not on a bike. I bought my bike in November and have traveled to work a few times but now the weather is getting better i fancy venturing out further a field.

I have done the Manchester > Blackpool a few times in around 4 hours but i always get cramp for the last 15 miles. Might be because of the lack of cycling i did before hand or because i was on a mountain bike :S i suppose i had youth on my side to help. Still i'm only 25 and with my new road bike i'm looking into joining the world of cycling :smile:

Please reply to this thread or email me at kieran@ktaylordesign.co.uk

Thanks

Kieran

OP
OP
Kieran Taylor

Kieran Taylor

Regular
Thanks Rocky, i'm hoping to get as much cycling as i can get in now the weather is getting better. Enjoy your cycling mate :smile:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome to the gang but watch out for a lady called Fran from your neck of the woods :whistle: She's always loitering on here LOL !!!!! You will enjoy the banter and hope you can come on some local group rides.

Francesca

Welcome to the gang but watch out for a lady called Fran from your neck of the woods :whistle: She's always loitering on here LOL !!!!! You will enjoy the banter and hope you can come on some local group rides.
cheers Skud:smile:
Hi Kieran -Iam over in Ingol side - gonna be going out more on longer rides when the weather gets alot better - and my hubby does alot of mountain biking with some lads over in Lee Quarry, Gisburn and Llandegla, and other parts if you are into it.
Will give you a shout soon and welcome. :welcome:

Francesca

oh and Kieran..the Preston Guild Wheel opens this July, so we will be doing that -its 21 mile route around Preston, and going to do it with KiwiSal too, shes another lady on the forum here , shes from Houghton.^_^

Part time cyclist

Über Member
Hi and welcOme to the forum, I have some good routes but I don't think they will be much use to you as I am in Kent :0)

pally83

Über Member
Ey up Kieran, another Prestonian here.

There are some cracking routes up to and around Beacon Fell, or around Leyland and Croston if you prefer flatter rides. You don't have to go too far to get onto quiet roads.

Top Bottom