Hello from Bushby in Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gregsid

I've already had a question answered in the know how section but I should be polite and introduce myself properly here!! My name is Greg and I'm a Christian father of two, working for our family packaging business.

Bought myself a Wilier Lavaredo last month. Amazing bike! With red "look keo" pedals and Kevlar tyres it took me just a little under £1100. It's my first serious bike and first ever road bike. I don't know much about bikes but I saw a work colleague's Wilier Escape and thought "wow! What a beautifully made machine". Went to a local Wilier dealer and saw the Lavaredo and I knew it was for me.

I commute 10.8 miles a day, 5-6 days a week and it's been enormously rewarding, health wise. First couple of weeks were tough as hills are challenging but they don't hurt anymore.

Had a horrid motorcycle accident in February; no more motorbikes for me; and now I'm putting all my energies into cycling (much to the delight of my family!). Best choice I've ever made.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you on this friendly forum very soon.

Greg

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
hi greg and welcome, im a thurmaston based cc er

Boyfrom64

Veteran
Welcome Greg,

I'm not a million miles away - Tamworth. Like you I am an ex-motorcycle rider and am now enjoying myself riding my road bike.

I hope you have recovered from your accident; it sounds like you have since you are riding most days on your bike.

I do not think you ever loose your love for motor cycling however, the health benefits of cycling certainly make up for not riding a motorbike. Well at least they do for me.

All the best.

OP
OP
G

gregsid

Hello Boyfrom64,

Yes, I'm fully recovered. No broken bones (just uber-bruises, whip lash, "road rash" on my thigh/buttock and soft tissue damage to my hand) which is a miracle as my Bandit was totally written off! And yes, I still miss motorcycling - but my cycling has proved sooooooo much more rewarding than I EVER thought it would; enjoyment-wise AND health-wise :-)

Kindest regards

Greg

OP
OP
G

gregsid

Hi from another East Midlands based cyclist - in Derby

My twin lives nr Buxton in Derbyshire. Wonderful part of the country. He has an electric bike called a "juicy bike"! Serious hills there.

stevetailor125

Hi Greg, welcome I know Bushby well, I used to live just down the road from Thurnby so I know the area very well. I'm now at Coalville and back cycling again after a 24 year break due to a cycling accident. Steve

Michiel

Welcome to Cyclechat Greg :smile:

I'll (well the other half and me) will be moving down to Leicester hopefully in the next couple of months somewhere)

Top Bottom