Hello from Exmouth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paddy01

Hello from sunny Exmouth (Devon)!

Name's Paddy and I've been back to riding since last year. I raced XC MTB for a few years back in the early/mid 90's, then it all went south when beer/cars/girls arrived on the scene.

I got back to cycling last year mainly just for some excercise after damanging my back and finding it's one of the few things I seem to be able to do for any length of time without my back playing up.

I still regularly ride my 1995 Klein mtb although the majority of my riding these days is road and to that end I bought myself a Trek 1.2 last year to see if I'd take to a road bike. I have to say it's been a revelation and I'm enjoying road riding more every time I go out.

Aim for this year was to take part in the Exmouth Exodus, however I've seen an early June date mentioned and I'm not sure I'll be in good enough shape by then... will have to wait and see.

I think that's enough waffle to be going on with.

Tally ho!

Welcome paddy - I only know Combe Martin and 'Il-fra-com-be' in Devon. I used to do three up three down of Porlock Hill each day to keep in shape. Sometimes I did it on a geared bike instead of the fixed wheel...

Yep. Absolute rubbish! :smile: But there's plenty of good advice on here and a little bit of amusement too!
Have fun. ;)

OP
OP
paddy01

paddy01

Ride up Porlock hill?

Are you quite sane sir! :biggrin:

Had my first 2 rides of the year last week for a combined 40 miles all in. I've a ways to go :smile:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi Paddy

Exmouth - many lovely childhood holidays spent there (the benefits of having distant-ish relatives who owned a B&B there)!

Welcome to CC :biggrin:

SD

OP
OP
paddy01

paddy01

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I too mtb locally (Woodbury Common and Haldon nr Exeter).

Seem to be turning towards the road a little more these days, where Exmouth seafront is the only flat bit as far as the eye can see :tongue:

Anyone around this area fancies a ride, holler :-)

Top Bottom