Hello from glasgow! Need some advice please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oohpeekaboo

Hello everyone,

I have recently got cycling fever after a friend gave me her old bike. Been cycling here, there and everywhere eversince. My bike is a bit (lot) rubbish and now looking to buy a new one. Went to see a Ridgeback hybrid today but don't want to rush into a purchase without knowing my options. just cycling about 10 miles a day on commute and longer at weekends. Will also need to fit my baby seat on the back. Mainly cycling on cycle path. Hoping to keep it under £300:smile:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

gavintc

Guru
I was in Bilsland's (Saltmarket) today checking out my new build bike and I noticed the Ridgeback hybrid that he had in stock. One of the girls at work is looking for a new bike, so I was asking about hybrid options. I do not know that much about the hybrid market, but it did look quite a tidy bike. Before making your decision, look around at the options. There seems to be a fair number at that price point; Giant, Trek Specialized and Revolution (Edinburgh Bike Coop) and you are quite well served with decent bike shops in Glasgow. Good luck - oh and welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
oohpeekaboo

oohpeekaboo

Small world this cycling buisness! Thanks for the suggestions, will have a look a them. Quite happy to have another excuse to cycle about. I will need to act quickly though as the bike envy is killing me! My friend who gave me her old bike bought a Specialized I think. Will take it for a test drive, or is that test ride?? Hmmmm

Cheers,
Bernie

Jim_Noir

oohpeekaboo

I am in the same boat as you, got a old 2nd hand MTB in feb and got the bug. Getting a Ridgeback hybrid this month. Where ins Glasgow are you? I use West End Cycles in Partck, guy is freindly and gives great advice.

MrRidley

Welcome to the cycling world, have a good look around as suggested, and take your time, try Phillip Lang's at the Gallowgate next door to the Sarry heid along with Bilsland's their both good shops.

OP
OP
oohpeekaboo

oohpeekaboo

It was actually West End Cycles that I went to today. I used to go to school with the guy that owns it. Like I said, it's a small world! The bike and the advice were good but i still thought it best to ask around. Can't quite get my head around what the differences in the bikes are and what would suit me best. Have a tendancy to impulse buy so being very good this time round. Will try the other shops that you all have mentioned.

Many thanks and happy cycling!

Bernie

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
My advice is to move east just try as many bikes as you can inwith your price range and buy the one that feels the best...

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Hairy Jock said:
My advice is to move east just try as many bikes as you can inwith your price range and buy the one that feels the best...
... after first wading reading through the My Advice to Newbies thread here (if not already done :angry:)

:smile: and ;) - see you on a CC Forum Ride soon ???

Top Bottom