Hello from Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Hi all

So, after joining last year and doing some serious lurking, I finally made my first post. So I guess I should introduce myself as well.

I am in my late 20s (for a little while yet), nationality is Danish, but I've been living and working (academia) in Glasgow for a couple of years now.

Exchanging the cycle culture of Copenhagen with that of central Scotland was a bit of a shock at first, but I've learned to enjoy it. The terrain is much more interesting, for one thing...

I ride a Trek 7.3 hybrid for both my short daily commute across town, and longer rides on the weekend.

Coco

Welcome!

Lots of good routes in and around Glasgow. Keep an eye out for CC Ecosse rides too.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Hello and welcome, from a bit further to the east!

As Coco says, we are occasionally meeting up - don't trust anybody suggesting you meet strangers off the internet :ohmy: - for rides around central Scotland. If you haven't come across these rides during your Year of Lurking, they are in the "informal rides" section, just search for "CC Ecosse". The next one is in 10 days time (29th), starting from Inverkeithing train station around Loch Leven and back again, with an obligatory cake & chat stop.
These rides are social rides, and our motto is that nobody will be left behind!
That's the advertising over :bicycle:

T

OP
OP
Rasmus

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I have spotted the CC ecosse rides - although I'm a solo rider by heart, I might just join up one day (can't make it on the 29th).

killiekosmos

Veteran
Greetings, if you venture out the city there are lots of nice cycles route in Ayrshire. Like you I tend to cycle on my own but meet lots of others on the roads.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Hello
wave.gif

Top Bottom