Hello from Hull

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycletrax

Hello, my names Bob and am just in the middle of getting back into cycling mainly because my wife would like to try it to get a bit of weight off herself and to get fit. We are currently in the middle of researching which cycle would be suitable for her. I already own a Fuji touring cycle which has just come out of storage after 4 years our initial goal will be getting our milage upto enable us to enjoy 20 - 30 mile day rides.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Welcome indeed from yon side of the river. Feel free to ask/answer questions as you see fit. There are many members on the north bank who will no doubt make themselves known. There is also a hardcore of riders who wil make you most wecome on a run or two. Good luck.

postman

Legendary Member
Hello Bob .Thats a nice goal to look forward to .I have cycle around your neck of the woods .
Two years ago a split day out .Over the Humber Bridge .A pootle around Barton On Humber.
Later in the day Spurn Point and then onto Patrington and around the headland past a terminal of some sort .And for the life of me i cannot remember it's name .

A real good flat day out .Both of you enjoy and take it easy .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hello Bob, welcome to CycleChat...
Go get on your bike and get fit.... a lot of us on here have done just that.

HelenD123

Guru
:welcome:Bob. There are quite a few of us on the north bank, including Shaun who runs CycleChat. Keep an eye on the Informal Rides section because we try to arrange a ride every month, or did until the snow scuppered our plans:sad:. What sort of bike is your wife looking for?

OP
OP
Cycletrax

Cycletrax

HelenD123 said:
:welcome:Bob. There are quite a few of us on the north bank, including Shaun who runs CycleChat. Keep an eye on the Informal Rides section because we try to arrange a ride every month, or did until the snow scuppered our plans:sad:. What sort of bike is your wife looking for?

The wife hasn,t rode a cycle for about twenty odd years. I did try to get her out on one about 4 yrs ago but she wasnt having none of it. Now the tide has turned as she remembers how much weight i lost (put it back on now, as i stopped riding 4 years ago ) plus my fitness level improved. She is looking for a middle of the road touring cycle too start her self off with, as she fancies the future option of maybe doing overnight tours when fitness levels and cycle milage is up to scratch, which will mean carrying luggage. Initial research coupled with what she wants to spend on a cycle has upto now come up with the folowing cycles. It appears that its a tad more confusing with all the choice thats available now. Any pointers to other cycles that she maybe should be looking at would be great, as we are both keen to have our kit in time for the warm weather.

Dawes Karacum £549
Claude Butler Regent tourer £469
Revolution Country Traveller '09 £399 (reduced from £499)

Top Bottom