Hello from Kent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jamsarnie

Well I've only gone and done it.

I am the proud owner of a shiny new Carrera Virtuoso, (couldn't stretch to an Allez unfortunately :-().

Took the plunge with my local Halfords and found the experience far better than expected, the guy there is a roadie, even hinted that I would be back for a turbo trainer before I knew it.

Here's to many happy miles! (Once my busted knee sorts itself out in a couple of weeks!)

Phil from Folkestone

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi Phil and welcome to Cycle Chat....no need for a turbo trainer when there are so many great Kent lanes within your reach. :thumbsup:

Chrisz

Über Member
Welcome - Folkestone is my old stomping ground (Mum still lives in Downs Road!). Plenty of nice routes round there and if you fancy riding with a group, Ahsford Wheelers are just up the road :smile:

OP
OP
J

jamsarnie

Welcome - Folkestone is my old stomping ground (Mum still lives in Downs Road!). Plenty of nice routes round there and if you fancy riding with a group, Ahsford Wheelers are just up the road :smile:
Once my fitness levels are beyond their current level of 'couch potato', then I reckon joining a group will be great for motivation etc...

Hello Jam and welcome.

I can second how good the roads and lanes are once you get out of Folkestone. Stayed there due to work a couple of times, stay at a b & b right on top of the hill and ride in and out for work. Lovely lanes and good pubs always help.

Best of luck.

Top Bottom