Hello from Leighton buzzard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hornet75

Not a great week to become a newbie from Leighton buzzard after a cyclist was killed here on Sunday night. However, here I am!! Just bought a cheap bike off amazon for a 5.5 mile commute into work. Gotta take bike on London midland trains first though. Anyone know of any cycle restrictions on their trains going north ( to rugby) in the mornings!? Thanks

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Firstly welcome.

London Midland policy is currently this

"Due to capacity constraints, full-size cycles cannot be taken on board certain peak time services. We can't take full size cycles on any train arriving in London Euston between 07.00 and 09.59, or departing from London Euston between 16.00 and 18.59 on Mondays to Fridays (excluding public holidays). Folding cycles can be carried without charge on any service at any time."

From here

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
So I guess that means you'll be OK, but if the trains you want to catch tend to be rammed (in the morning they are not in my experience) then it may be a pain in the arse in practice.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That link was broken, here is a working one.

Hornet75 will be travelling in the opposite directions at those peak times. It isn't clear what the situation would be then so it might be a good idea to call London Midland on 0121 634 2040 and ask them.

OP
OP
H

Hornet75

Hi folks I took a risk today and went with the bike. No problems going north, only not allowed on peak services into London. Train was quiet but I guess school hold meant it was quiter than usual, but conductor said generally no probs with bikes going north in the morning! Completed 5.5 mile commute to and from work today, 45 mins going, 35 coming back! So not bad, if a little tired tonight!!

Top Bottom