Hello from Peterborough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crundamental

Hello to all.

I am a lapsed member of the Peterborough CC, a member of the Peterborough Bird Club (birdwatching) and a member of ForeverPosh a supporters group at Peterborough United. I am also a member of the running club at work and have been in training for almost a year for our local half marathon, the Great Eastern Run on October 11th.

As our cheap car parking scheme is due to end early November I have been thinking about my options for travel to work without a car. I have a mountain bike that is fully usable and old bikes from my time with Peterborough CC and before. The bus may be used when the weather is diabolical and only the car when absolutely necessary when taking family to hospital etc.

I have just posted an application for a Cycle to Work Scheme voucher which will buy me a new road bike to use for fast commuting and when the need for speed arises at the weekend and days off.

I'll ask questions about clothing, shoes and accesories in more relevant threads.

Cheers for now,
Crundamental

accountantpete

Brexiteer
A Twitcher and a Posh fan eh - that's a bit sad innit?

Only joshing -welcome aboard

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Welcome to the forum Crundemental, I've now been commuting into Peterborough for the last 5 months, prefer to ride in than take the car. If you spot a bearded fella on a grey single speed it will probably be me. If you see one on a Claude Butler Mountain bike with a Bright Yellow jacket with "POLICE" on it. It will deffinitely be me! Say hello when passing!
Vike

Greetings from Crowland! So you're the Posh fan then, I knew that there was one :biggrin:
Not a bad city to commute around, if you can avoid the mad drivers (which is about 98% of them, the rest are just asleep ;) ).

Crankarm

Guru
:biggrin:

An ex roadie with Peterborough CC ........you'll soon be back in the groove.

Just watch out for all the skip and tipper trucks in Peterborough at the moment. And broken glass on the cycle paths :biggrin:.

iendicott

Hi Crundemental,

I to am from Peterborough. Started cycling to work this year and I am also thinking of joining the Fenland Clarions on their Sunday runs to start off. Currently have a hybrid but hopefully joining the Cyclescheme at work to invest in a decent road bike.

Never know I may see you around.. You can't miss me, I ride a Silver Giant Hybrid with matching helmet ;) and usually have a blue jacket on.

My work colleague and I usually go out for a longish ride on Wed / Thu so you are more than welcome to join us.

Have to agree wtih Browser drivers in Peterborough seem to be in their own world most of the time, I've had a few near misses.

Ivan

Top Bottom