Hello from Tetbury in Gloucestershire.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stoner

Hi everyone just thought i should say hello. After 3 years of RPM (spin) classes twice a week i finally took the plunge and bought a GT Series 3 road bike 4 months ago. I try and get out once a week if possible. Last weekend saw my longest ride so far at 54 miles (fairly flat) which took 2 hours 53 minutes at an average of 18 miles an hour. Absolutely no idea how to gauge this because i ride on my own most of the time exept when i can persuade the wife. Would be interested in anybodys coments regarding local clubs or anyone close to me who might fancy the odd ride.

the snail

Guru
Hi Stoner. I rode to Tetbury on Friday via Cirencester, very nice too. I think your nearest club would be Corinium CC in Cirencester? I'm a member of Chippenham Wheelers (club ride tomorrow to ... Tetbury!)

WychwoodTrev

Hi, i have been looking at the Cirencester Club website. Enjoy your ride tomorrow.

Hi ya Stoner I am a member of Corinium CC Cirencester and have found it to be a real friendy club who happen to do 10 mile Time Trials on a Thursday eve through Latton village and group rides at weekends and some mid week too

There is also Performance cycles a shop who have ride outs every sat morning from their shop at Poulton starting at 9am and its normally a swift 30 miler one hilly group and one flat group

Have fun hope to see you on the roads at some point as I am fairly local to you I live just the outher side of Burford from you

OP
OP
S

Stoner

Hi Wychwood Trev, thankyou for the info. Looks to me like Corinium CC is the way to go. What standard do you need to be for the Sunday group rides.

Top Bottom