Hello from the sunny Yorkshire dales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evilclive

And it is too at the moment - terribly scenic.

Um - I'm Clive, I ride my audax-ish bike during the week so I can ride our tandems (*) for fun on weekends.

Sticking my head in here based on a recommendation from another place - at the moment I'm a bit overwhelmed by the sheer volume, but we'll see if I can manage that :-)

(* one at a time, I'm not an octopus...)

And it is too at the moment - terribly scenic.

Um - I'm Clive, I ride my audax-ish bike during the week so I can ride our tandems (*) for fun on weekends.

Sticking my head in here based on a recommendation from another place - at the moment I'm a bit overwhelmed by the sheer volume, but we'll see if I can manage that :-)

(* one at a time, I'm not an octopus...)

Hi and welcome from the sunny west mids :welcome:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hi Clive!

You'll soon get used to the forum. It is a nice size compared to some of the larger ones that I frequent. It is actually possible to keep up with what is going on here, whereas some fora are too big and it would be a full-time job to keep up with them.

Yes, the Dales are lovely! A bunch of will be heading up into Wharfedale a week on Sunday on the Spring Into The Dales audax - I hope we get a day like today!

OP
OP
E

evilclive

Hi Clive!

Yes, the Dales are lovely! A bunch of will be heading up into Wharfedale a week on Sunday on the Spring Into The Dales audax - I hope we get a day like today!

It'll be lovely if you do. I saw the ride, but of course it's going the wrong way for me - my desire to tie the bike to the car, drive to Hebden Bridge at an ungodly hour (for me :-) Are there any people who start such things later?) and then ride to near home is quite low.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It'll be lovely if you do. I saw the ride, but of course it's going the wrong way for me - my desire to tie the bike to the car, drive to Hebden Bridge at an ungodly hour (for me :-) Are there any people who start such things later?) and then ride to near home is quite low.
Understandable! I don't think many events start much later, but you could always do a local one to avoid most of the travel to and from the event e.g. Dave's Dales Tour from Richmond or the Dales Grimpeur 140 from Pateley Bridge.

OP
OP
E

evilclive

Understandable! I don't think many events start much later, but you could always do a local one to avoid most of the travel to and from the event e.g. Dave's Dales Tour from Richmond or the Dales Grimpeur 140 from Pateley Bridge.

I think they're possibly less local than yours :-) I'm in Settle, good for the three peaks (oh, if only I were fast and loony enough to enter that), and even the Etape Du Dales would be a car drive away for me (though I ought to get myself fit enough to do it..).

I shall not worry too much though - I'm happy enough that where I am is where many people aim to ride, and I get to do it here most days :-)

Top Bottom