Hello from Wiltshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WilliamsMcLaren

Regular
Hi everyone,

I've just started to get back into cycling and I found this site so I thought I'd sign up.

I used to cycle when I was younger but I stopped as most of my cycling friends went off to uni so we didn't get the chance to meet up much for rides. About 4 or 5 years ago I tried to get back into cycling but I had a couple of bad experiences that made me give up again.

But about 2 months ago (after realising I was really unfit!) I decided to take up cycling again and this time I seem to be addicted!

I've only been cycling at weekends at the moment, started off just doing a few miles at a time but now I've built up to an 11 mile route and I hope to do 20 miles before the end of the year.

Last weekend I treated myself to a new bike (I had been riding a mountain bike), I bought myself a Cannondale Quick 4 which is so much better than my mountain bike.

So that's a bit about me, hopefully I can pick up some tips and advice from the more experienced cyclists here.

Milo

Guru
Hello I live in Wilts as well. Melksham to be precise.

OP
OP
WilliamsMcLaren

WilliamsMcLaren

Regular
Any idea what routes they cycle Part time cyclist? I have a couple of routes but I wouldn't mind trying some new ones.

Today I went out and did my first 20 mile ride, so I'm just sitting down with a well earned pint!

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I will sk them and get back to you

nudge

Hiya, i'm part time's bruv, me son is the driving force im just starting out, he done a ride to lands end few months ago and we are going out together, havent got any real cycle routes mapped out as yet just through the villages, me son uses roundway as his hill training so you may have seen him around, we are in Potterne and can ride out sometime if ya fancy it.

Top Bottom