Hello From Worksop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello from me in Worksop Nottinghamshire home of the Carlton hand built racer. After years of riding round on mountain bikes & trials motor bikes I thought it was time to buy myself a proper 27in racing bike but it had to be a Carlton Cycle (time to trawl the free ads/eBay/local rag etc?) Er answer no question where have all the Carltons gone? Worksop used to be full of them everybody I knew worked there & rode a tricked up one with campag everything they cannot have all been scrapped can they.Then lucky for me after doing some homework & a few phone calls I,v found a contact for a good bike keep you posted regards Paul

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Hi and Welcome :welcome: . I hope we get to see this Carlton pretty soon. If it needs some work doing let's see the before and after photos.

Russell Allen

When i was a teenager (mid 70's) my dad bought me a green Carlton Corsa (brooks saddle etc etc), He had some work colleauges in worksop who had family at the factory who sourced it for him. It was my first proper bike (I had a "Chopper" before that) I still have fond memories of that bike. It was finally stolen in about 1982 :sad: and if you are reading this BC I know it was you who stole it........! There are always plenty of them on a certain well known auction site. I have been considering getting one to renovate as a little nostalgia project

Post some pictures if you get one, I've allways been soft on the old carltons myself

Regards

Russell

When i was a teenager (mid 70's) my dad bought me a green Carlton Corsa (brooks saddle etc etc), He had some work colleauges in worksop who had family at the factory who sourced it for him. It was my first proper bike (I had a "Chopper" before that) I still have fond memories of that bike. It was finally stolen in about 1982 :sad: and if you are reading this BC I know it was you who stole it........! There are always plenty of them on a certain well known auction site. I have been considering getting one to renovate as a little nostalgia project

Post some pictures if you get one, I've allways been soft on the old carltons myself

Regards

Russell
Hi Russell,I think most people in Worksop had family who either worked or had worked at "The Cycles" as it was then called. I had a cousin & 2 old schoolmates "always good contacts for bits/bobs"who worked there. Soon as I get my hands on this bike I will post you some pictures of it.Another old school mate told me Sunday morning His Dad had a racer for sale & wanted shut of it sharpish before His Mrs gave it to the scap man I asked what make was it & the reply was like the one He remembered I had from school (a flier) My old mate living all His life in Carlton in Lindrick I thought its got to be a Genuine Carlton when I went over to look at it the racer turned out to be a Peugeot 23in Tourer still a very nice old bike & its had very little use over the years & for £20.00p it was a real bargain so I came home with it. Its now up/running after an 18 year lay up in the garage a couple of cheap tyres/tubes from Wilkinsons & we are away Till the Carlton turns up!atvb Paul

:biggrin: I ended up buying another Carlton Racer from a Guy miles & miles away from us It needs restoring but it was cheap & complete a little bit rusty & needing some TLC but it will make one :biggrin: it is the same type of racer & the very same colour of the one I owned while I was at school.:biggrin: Bloke with the so called large collection of bikes local to me for sale turned out to be a right numptie a total dreamer & waste of space ;) Pictures of the new bike to follow asap :hello:

Top Bottom