Hello! Mark in mid-England

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSF23

Regular
Returning to cycling after six years too long away from it (work and family!). 52 years old (been told I don't look it), fit (very energetic day job), slim, short, and keen to get back to it when I can (weather-dependent; energy-level dependent too after my day job!).

Engineering background, career in associated technical field (desk job), now doing something a lot different (non-desk job!). Worked in cycle retail and repair almost 25 years ago, but everything is so different now...

OMG, how things have changed. Through-axle hubs. Hollow bottom brackets. USB rechargeable LED lights. Electric bikes! All sorts that I'm not familiar with.

Not looking for road or off-road racing or competitions (too old and too many pains after 50 for that!) Cycling for fun and fitness, and to view our wonderful surroundings.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Welcome @MSF23 welcome aboard

I think you have come to right place , enjoy your time on the bike

OP
OP
M

MSF23

Regular
Thank you everyone!

I can't wait to get into cycling properly again, once time allows, once weather allows (rubbish where I am at the moment), and health (not feeling too clever today).

Only a true cyclist knows the "cycling withdrawal" feeling we get. I've got it!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Have you considered joining a club ?
I dont know your current fitness level but assuming you have a base level of fitness a good club should cater for you , my 2 local clubs both have a variety of rides to suit different levels .

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

Top Bottom