Helmet Cams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roshi chris

After a couple of close encounters with cagers recently i've decided that a helmet cam will be a good idea for my commute; hopefully dissuading drivers from attempting to kill me if they think they'll be on camera when they do it.

So, my budget is £100, and i'd like something with a decent memory, decent picture quality obviously as I need it to pick up number plates etc. Size not really an issue as I want drivers to see it.

I will probably also use it for snowboarding and surfing at least occasionally so water/ cold proof would be good too.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks

Chris

Plax

Guru
The GoPro might be suitable, but I've never used it.
The ATC2K is good, but I find the sound quality awful and the battery life not fabulous. It is also limited to a 2GB card, but you can get a ATC3K now that takes a 4GB card. Don't think the sound quality is any better though. It is also quite hefty so makes your helmet wonky and I feel like an idiot wearing it on the helmet.

Magnaton is the guy you wanna see, but he has something like the Achros which is somewhat more than £100.

Aye, I think at the moment, the ATC is your best bet, although, you could chance it with one of these. You can now get the waterproof cover and larger battery for it (aparently). It should come under £100 in total and I think it it might (might!) be better than the ATC2000/3000. Worth a look anyway.

Oh I should add though, the night capabilities of the flycamone2 is probably not the best, but then neither is the ATCs....

Top Bottom