Helmet Survey ... see what my stats reveal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
[Originally blogged on CC: 25 September 2011]

This week I have been doing a small survey of helmet wearing in South East London between 6.40 - 7.25 am and during the return journey in the evening at whatever time it occurs: nothing scientific just a count of how many in each category as I make my way to and from work.

I think the only thing the results reveal is that I am capable of counting two sets of figures simultaneously and remembering them long enough to record them (mostly). Well perhaps a little more.

I always had a feeling that the majority of SE London cyclists wore helmets. That’s just the way it felt. So the actual numbers are interesting.

Click here to read more...

I did the same sort of thing back in august - counted about 350 cyclists - however I spilt them into cyclists - people who wore clothes adapted for cycling and people in normal street clothes - the cyclists were outnumbered by about 13:1 by the normal people - however the numbers of each group wearing helmets was almost identical at around 6.5% -no idea what that has got to do with the price of bread but I thought I would share ^_^

As you have never had the courtesy to answer any of the valid and pertinent questions n the other threads, and your only contribution has been to misquote and misrepresent the unfortunate deaths of cyclists, I am afraid that this is simply another pathetic attempt at trolling

Gary E

Veteran
This whole debate for and against helmets, to me, is just like arguing about religion.

Personally I don't care if you're Atheist, Buddhist or a Seventh Day Leapfrog-ist. All I ask is that you keep it to yourself.

I have opinions on the wearing of helmets but they're just that, 'my opinions'.

People who constantly insist that they know better and can prove it (usually by quoting/mis-quoting an endless stream of stastics and links to news articles) and basically ramming their beliefs down everyone else's throats are no different, in my humble opinion, to the Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on your door and won't take no for an answer!

So, respectfully, and not wishing to cause any offense at all here, my message to these 'Cycle Helmet Evangelists' is - get a life (and no, I don't mean mine!).

Sorry for the rant but I'd just reached that point!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom