Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thelma

I grew up on bikes in the days before helmets. I have owned a helmet in the past, but always felt a bit uncomfortable in it, through self-consciousness as much as anything.

Do you wear one? Does it make that much of a difference? Why don't you wear one?

Just nosy really!
icon_smile_tongue.gif

Oh god...

I do wear one, because it's my head, and I like it.

potsy

Rambler
I was very self conscious the 1st time I rode to work, mainly because of the helmet, after a few days everybody was used to seeing me cycling so it stopped bothering me.
I now wear it 99% of the time, mainly to stop Mrs Potsy having anything else to worry about, she doesn't like me being out on the roads on a bike as it is.

twozeronine

Yep, I do. I was a little bit reluctant at first I think, but now I feel naked if I'm not wearing one. As long as you get a cool one, and not one that makes you look like a mushroom.
tongue.gif

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yes i wear one as it is a nice mount for one of my lights, the wife expects me too and the law is a bit vague on the (in)adequacies of helmet protection.

I never wore a helmet 20 years ago but i regard it as another thing i have to do to appease everyone.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I did since 1982, but have recently ceased. I feel much better on my bike without it.

on the road

Über Member
I grew up on bikes in the days before helmets. I have owned a helmet in the past, but always felt a bit uncomfortable in it, through self-consciousness as much as anything.

Do you wear one? Does it make that much of a difference? Why don't you wear one?

Just nosy really!
icon_smile_tongue.gif
I'm the same as you, grew up on bikes before helmets. About 4 years ago I bought my first helmet and tried to persevere with it for the best part of two years, sometimes wearing it and sometimes not, but in the end I decided just to not bother at all, it's just not me.

So I never wear a helmet now.

aberal

Guru
I do. All the time. But have never really been convinced that they necessarily will make a difference in an accident, most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom