help me decide…

how to get to the clinic

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
got to go to the fracture clinic for a check-up on my shoulder injury.

the pavements are pretty slippy, yet the route to the clinic is on gritted roads.

so, despite being told not to ride the bike (for fear i'll fall off and aggravate the injury xx(), should i use it to get to the clinic?

i would take the car, but it's not far enough and costs £1.50 to park…

lazyfatgit

If the pavement is that slippy, use the car.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the roads are gritted all the way, so no real chance of me falling off. my only offs have been the result of ice (which i'll avoid, walking if necessary) and as a result of riding too close in a group and allowing myself to get distracted (which is why i have to go to the clinic), so i see the bike option as fairly risk free.

XmisterIS said:
If the roads are gritted and the pavement isn't, take the car. Is your shoulder worth more than £1.50?

I am with you xx(
(Having seen a colleague loose his job because of a wrist injury)

Alec - behave yourself!xx( Despite being a firm believer in cycling whilst injured etc, I voted "Drive". I don't doubt for a minute that you aren't totally safe on the bike, but it's the folk in cars who aren't any good at driving on ice etc that would be worrying me.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i'm going to walk it. i've just looked at the 'dry' bits on the road and they still feel slippy, so the bike will have to wait :smile:

car's not really an option at this time of day, and by the time i've found a parking space at the hospital, i could have walked there and back.

Top Bottom