Help On Buying First Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kasperflip65

Hi there I am new to the site and to road cycling. Had old Specialized Sirrus Sport stolen and am looking to replace it with a road bike (my first one). Only have a small budget of £650 and so would love any help/ advice on what I should buy.
I have been looking at the Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu Sora as I have ridden a friends Bianchi and loved it, albeit his had campag group set.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading.

Mortiroloboy

Hello and welcome, you'll get a warm and friendly response from most posters on here.

With regard to your query, £650 will almost certainly buy you a decent starter road bike.

May I suggest that you keep an open mind regarding manufacturers, go to your local bike shop LBS, have alook at what they stock, ask if you can test ride.

Consider...

Giant Defy

Specialized Allez

both excellent entry level bikes.

Some one else will be along shortly with more advice and suggestions.

Introduce your self in the cafe, or the welcome mat, if you haven't already done so.

Shrimp_Stu

Why not look at going the 2nd hand route? I bought a 2nd hand Specialized Allez with some extra upgrades on it - including a Fulcrum Racing 7 wheelset, Look Keo pedals & cleats, cateye computer and spare set of wheels - for £300. I knew I wanted a racing bike but as I hadnt ridden one for 20+ years I wanted to go 2nd hand route rather than make too much of a commitment just in case I couldnt make the transition from upright to drop-bars.

Top Bottom