help on my unknown eddy merckx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike.t

Hi, Ive just been given an old bike. Its ment to be an old eddy merckx. Its got 15 shimano RS gears. I was wondering if anyone can identify it for me or tell me anything about it. I was thinking of restoring it or doing a fixed wheel conversion. Photos are at http://s1220.photobu...50/dorsetmike7/
Many thanks.

Got any better, (bigger) pics? My eyes are bleeding looking at those :biggrin: :whistle:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
It is a relatively cheap produced under licence bike, iirc Falcon made some during the seventies. The tubing will be steel but not Columbus and is probably not double butted like the proper frames such as the Corsa and Strada. The more valuable frames tended to have Merckx logos on the end of the seat stays and on the shoulder of the forks. There is an interesting resource here. :thumbsup:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
It is a relatively cheap produced under licence bike, iirc Falcon made some during the seventies. The tubing will be steel but not Columbus and is probably not double butted like the proper frames such as the Corsa and Strada. The more valuable frames tended to have Merckx logos on the end of the seat stays and on the shoulder of the forks. There is an interesting resource here. :thumbsup:
+1.

The components tell you all you need to know.

EYE-TYE-MAD

Too true, lets be honest, they were a real gas pipe!

Top Bottom