Help with bike valuation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

onespeed

Hello,

I was handed one of my uncle's old Peugeot road bikes a few months back. As a touring and racing enthusiast, he kept it in original and mint condition since the day he bought it (1989) and despite it's age it hasn't had many miles on the road due to the fact my uncle had many bikes to use. I have ridden it a few times since and have kept it well maintained. But unfortunately due to relocation and having other bikes at my disposal I have to finally let this baby go.

However, despite being handy round a workshop and a few years around modern bikes (mostly for track). I have no clue to a value on this bike and was wondering if you guys could help. I have looked across the web and apart from the endless forums about PX-10s or restoration projects, I am yet to come across any information on this particular Peugeot. Here are the specifications:

Peugeot Versailles 1989

Frame: 54cm Peugeot CAD and Direct Brazing System. No note of what strand of steel it is.

Wheels: Mavic 190 FB rims / SHIMANO RX100 hubs

Groupset: Shimano Exage 400 / biopace chainrings, 14 Speed Index / Suntour Accushiftplus command shifters ( http://www.singletra...ies-45-posted-1 )

Everything is in immaculate condition, with no sign of rusting, dents or scratches.

Thank you for your time, any advice and guidance is much appreciated.

yello

Reads like a 'For Sale' to me! Did you find out that you couldn't post on that forum as a newbie? ;)

That aside,sounds like a nice bike. Something that, I suspect, fetches what someone is prepared to pay. That's the true determiner of what something is worth. Though pictures would have helped. I'd advise you to put it on Ebay and see what happens.

Top Bottom