Help with Charging Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pink Nigel Dean

Hi,

I have a problem with my Ezee conversion kit which won't accept a charge, but I need to work out if the problem is the charger or the battery so that I know which one to replace. The charger is a 36V HP8204L3 with a 3-pin XLR3 connection to the battery, but any 36V Li-ion charger with the same plug should do the job. Does anyone local have a suitable charger I could try on my battery please? I'm in the Carnforth area.

Elaine

gbb

Legendary Member
Do you have a photo of the connector on the charger ?
I ask because we used to use XLR3 connectors (or something very similar) on some work equipment and they used to be prone to the wire breaking off its pin inside the connector, continuous use and flexing of the cable being the reason. A relatively easy fix with a soldering iron, assuming the connector is one you can dismantle.

OP
OP
P

Pink Nigel Dean

I ask because we used to use XLR3 connectors (or something very similar) on some work equipment and they used to be prone to the wire breaking off its pin inside the connector, continuous use and flexing of the cable being the reason. A relatively easy fix with a soldering iron, assuming the connector is one you can dismantle.

Thanks for that, but I've checked the charger with a multimeter and it has 42V at the plug pins.

Reactions: gbb
OP
OP
P

Pink Nigel Dean

Thanks for this, but there is 42V at the charger pins, the problem is that it won't instigate a charger cycle, where the green light turns yellow and the fan kicks in, so it's either the charger or the BMS as I've checked everything else.

Reactions: gbb
Top Bottom